Wash brushes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ferd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Baby!
Recently purchased new Ram, after driving Ranger for 20 years. I am having a hard time washing it, it is much taller than my last truck! Looking to buy brush with extension handle, or possibly a mitt on handle. Anyone have insight as to which to buy, and which to stay away from? Thanks folks.

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Recently purchased new Ram, after driving Ranger for 20 years. I am having a hard time washing it, it is much taller than my last truck! Looking to buy brush with extension handle, or possibly a mitt on handle. Anyone have insight as to which to buy, and which to stay away from? Thanks folks.
It is a pain, that's for sure. I've found that I can easily do most of the roof (quad cab) with just a wash mit by hand from inside the bed. Of course if you have a cap or tonneau or side to side toolbox this doesn't really work.

The rest isn't bad then from the ground, with the exception of the middle of the windshield and hood. I use a step ladder for that.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use a small step ladder and a Microfiber mop for the top. Most brushes are not soft enough and will leave scratches. Also as has been stated, you can use a microfiber wash mitt and either stand in the front of the box or use a step ladder. Don't forget to use the "2 bucket method" when washing to help avoid scratching.
Jay

Last edited:

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I saw a cool wash brush at Costco yesterday, almost got it but decided to wait and read some reviews on it.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Dont use a brush microfiber hand mit. I found this out the hard way.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wash the top first by standing on the door sills on both sides. I have thought about using a step ladder, but with it having to be so close to the side worry about tipping it into the truck. I'm tall enough and long enough arms to reach over half way past middle.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use a brush but it needs to be a good quality Boar's head brush, so it wont mar the paint. They are pretty expensive alone, even more expensive when you add on an extension for it.

Ive been using a Werner work platform to stand on and reach the hood and roof areas. A little more stable than a step ladder so maybe slightly less chance for hitting the truck with it, still not as stable as I would like so Ill probably start getting into the bed to do the roof. Once I get my BedRug installed, of course....my knees cant take that damn spray in bedliner!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Love your products just this one on my black truck not good at all. I order from you guys frequently.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use a brush but it needs to be a good quality Boar's head brush, so it wont mar the paint. They are pretty expensive alone, even more expensive when you add on an extension for it.

Ive been using a Werner work platform to stand on and reach the hood and roof areas. A little more stable than a step ladder so maybe slightly less chance for hitting the truck with it, still not as stable as I would like so Ill probably start getting into the bed to do the roof. Once I get my BedRug installed, of course....my knees cant take that damn spray in bedliner!

Good brush advice, only a high quality boars hair brush and you have to let it soak for awhile before use.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first big vehicle too, and from sheer laziness I havent gotten a step or a longer microfiber pole, so I just put a microfiber on a swiffer and go to town. Lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you use a boars hair brush, maybe you still need to use the 2 bucket method and soak the brush after every pass to insure that it isn't holding any of the dirt in it. I've never used one so this is just a guess on my part.
Jay

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Boar's hair brushes scratch the clear coat. Period. Don't care how long you pre soak them. Micro fiber's are good but recently I have found an RV brush that's super soft as is working good. It's a light green color and you can screw a 4 or 5 foot handle into it.