Water dripping out of upper hole in driver's side entry assist handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
On the entry assist handle on the driver's side (pictured), there are two circles that look to be removable.
Today it was raining out and for the first time I noticed water dripping out of the bottom portion of the upper circle.
I drew an arrow right at the point of the water leak.
What's curious is that after a while driving in the rain, the leak subsided.
Any insight as to what's going on?

Thanks

temp-ramleak.jpg

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Fairly common problem on the 3rd gen Rams from what I have seen. Mine has done the same thing, not always consistent tho. I think the water is getting in via the screw holes that hold the weatherstripping retainer in place for the doors.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check your door seal as well. It might be folded over or loose.

One other potential is a leaky windshield seal.

OP
OP
No H2O

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
I'll check those three things:
door seal
windshield seal
weatherstripping retainer

Thank you

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a sunroof, it is the drain tubes are stopped up. The tubes come out by the door hinges. These tubes have little black rubber tips on them. To unstop the tube give the tips a litthllitt of the squeeze and water should come out then. There are two more on the back of the cab, one on each side up pretty high from the bottom and about four inches inward from the edge. Again just sueeze these rubber tips.

g17jimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As Runaround said, this is the sunroof drain tube. On mine, there is some foam inside the fender that was covering the tube and stopping it from draining properly. Initially I just moved the foam forward and that worked, but it blocked it again within a couple weeks. I trimmed a small section from the foam to prevent that continuing.