Water pooling on door's sill

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Sir John, Jan 14, 2015.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have water that will sit on the door sill after raining, etc. and when I open the door (driver’s) about 2 ounces of water dumps out. I complained to a local dealer (not the one I bought from) and they just basically dismissed me. I told them I was concerned more about when it gets cold and freezes…..but that fell on deaf ears. Well, that’s exactly what happened two weeks ago. It rained then it got well below freezing. The next morning I go to open the door on my way to work and it was frozen shut. I had to really pull hard to get it open. It felt like I was going to break the door handle off. I thought that this was bullshit, so I took it an hour away to the dealer I bought it from. They took the door apart and really looked into it…even had a Star case opened. Chrysler told the dealer to replace the plastic divider that the window motor and everything else attaches to....see first pic below. Guess what?....it’s on backorder. Lol….I guess I’m not the only one with this issue.

Attached Files:

2. 14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Why does it alway seem like no one has a good local dealer and all the good ones are located hours away... It's:bs:

3. DiabeticKripple

DiabeticKripple Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    do you have a sunroof?

sometimes the vents get plugged and water will pool in the doors. if the door sills arent the fix maybe try that.

4. BlownGP

BlownGP Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2009 RAM CC Sport
    Engine:
    Mine does this too and it's been brought up a few times. Never thought about water freezing down there.

I think the water comes in from the top and runs down the side and sits at the bottom. Kinda weird and not sure how you could fix I guess unless drill a hole in the weather stripping or cut a small section out.