Weather tech, dissapointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazzerblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered weather tech floor covers front and rear for my New Ram. What a disappointment, front drivers side does not lay flat along door sill. has about an inch gap. rear does not fit correctly over center hump. I'll be calling today, to see what they plan to do?

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I have the same issue.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I assume being winter it is pretty cold there? With being jammed in a box with the other matts for a while it has formed a kink per say and with it cold it won't ever lay flat.

I would try to relax the kink with a heat gun. I got my Husky x-act contour liners last year in the winter and had a similar problem where it just won't settle in the correct shape. These are more rubber feel than the weathertechs but I used the heat gun and carefully heated it and got the part to lay how i wanted.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine were a little out of shape when I got them, I just set them out in the sun all day and that fixed the problem. Since it's cold out, try the hair dryer/heat gun method to warm them up and fitting correctly. I love my weathertech stuff.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Mine were a little out of shape when I got them, I just set them out in the sun all day and that fixed the problem. Since it's cold out, try the hair dryer/heat gun method to warm them up and fitting correctly. I love my weathertech stuff.

x2, mine were a bit out of shape when i took them from the box, once left in the sun to warm em up they fit perfectly

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed mine in August so I had no issues beyond the shipping container deformities that went away in 24 hours. I had two sets in my Dakota over the years and loved them and I'm sticking with them in the RAM. And when the OEM's in my Subaru Outback wear out I'm getting Weathertechs for it as well.

OP
OP
T

Tazzerblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well the heat gun helped. Still have a small gap. Think I'll add a piece of Velcro, so I don't catch my foot getting in/out. the rear one was just curled up. and I think some more heat will relax them. I thought they would be more flexible than they are. Way better the the nice factory ones. Now all the water, salt and sand stay out of the carpet.. Thanks for the reply's.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I bought some for my wife's Expedition for Christmas. I just laid them out in the house for a few days before we put them in her truck.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Fill the bathtub with hot water, and drop the mats in for 1/2 hour. Dry them off and put them in the truck while they are still soft/plyable and let them freeze to the contour of the floor..

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought the RAM/Mopar ones last week. The truck was only two days old and minus zero temperatures up here on the east coast.
They fit perfect right away with no issues.
Very grateful as we got over a foot of snow the next day. They got trashed with all the salt, but saved the carpet.

RixRox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear you had an issue with your floor mats, although I have heard of issues prior to reading your post. I will say, though, that I am VERY happy with my weathertech side window deflectors. They look factory.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve seen several of my friends that have them and wasn’t happy with the fitment at all for the price. Not laying flat, not sitting in place. Just seem over rated. I’m still rocking the mopar slush mats from my old second gen lol fit in my 3rd gen and this truck perfectly in the front and just a little small for the crew cab in the back of this truck but they still serve their purpose.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
got the husky exact fit and they're great, much better than weather tech!
I've had both and would have to agree the husky liners are better then weather techs. I'm not a fan of the hard material weather tech uses.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had both as well, weathertech in my past chevy and wifes current accord. Husky in my ram.

I like the huskys better.

Benningtonr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the over the hump for the front and rear for Christmas and mine fits like a glove, installed them Christmas day. Granted it was 40* outside

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a full set of weather techs for Christmas. They fit perfectly right out of the box and cold.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I found a pretty sweet deal on WeatherTechs last Friday. Found an ad on Craigslist for front and rear liners in Black for a CC. A shop had bought them 2 years ago from their distributor and had never sold them. Boxes had never been opened. He listed them for for $210 which is what they go for new. Once we confirmed the part numbers, I asked him, " since you've had these for 2 years and that is the same price as new, how much do you really want for them?" He gave them to me for $180.

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Glad I read this thread. I had some for my f150 and they were great, but probably won't be purchasing for my ram after seeing this.

Edit: Now husky on the other hand may fit better

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the all weather version and they fit like a glove. They look like the Ram rubber version. They dont cover as much but they fit perfectly.