Weird noise coming from battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbaker33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So I've noticed this noise (attached link to video it's hard to hear on playback but there's a faint one and then a louder one) coming from my truck for a while now just never pinpointed it until today. It seems to be coming from my battery's positive terminal. I used my stethoscope and confirmed it. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I have an 06 ram 1500 5.57 4x4 quad cab
also, I'm trying to remove my fuel rail to clean the injectors. 1AAUTO has a video where they have you disconnect the harness under drivers side wheel well but mine won't seperate. It says you just have to seperate the pins but it won't even do that. I tried looking for the fuel pump relay or the ASD relay but found out 06 and later don't have these relays? Any ideas on what else, if anything I can do to depressurize my fuel system?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
To depresurize your fule system, there is a shrader valve that you can push the pin in and it will spit what pressure is in the system, be careful because it will spray out fast if there is pressure. Ware glasses. As for the noise, I think on the 06 and up have a module of some sort that controls the head lights, im not positive though. I'm sure someone on here knows what it is.

Last edited:

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
What about the altenator over charging the battery causing it to boil?Or there is a open circuit in the computer because it regulates the voltage the altenator is producing.