Well here she is, folks. Pick her up on Tuesday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I’m kinda glad it doesn’t have the big, over-the-top chrome letters on the tailgate. It looked ok I guess on the black ones.

I like the wheels too. I’m glad they’re not the plastic covered ones..lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice truck. See you ended up going painted tailgate. Looks good. Can't wait to see her all finished. Named her yet?

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck. See you ended up going painted tailgate. Looks good. Can't wait to see her all finished. Named her yet?

Yeah like I said before, I coulda prolly gone either way on it because I couldn’t make up my mind but I’m kinda glad it doesn’t have it... with the chrome bumper and chrome trim accent...lol.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Time to update your profile!

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess those openings in the grill serve a purpose? Someone explain?

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got a nice one for sure! Weren't you asking about 3.21 vs 3.92 awhile back? What did you end up getting?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like a styling exercise to me.

The prior grill design is the same overall size and shape, just a different style, and all those openings do is maintain the same amount of airflow across the various cooling structures behind it.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got a nice one for sure! Weren't you asking about 3.21 vs 3.92 awhile back? What did you end up getting?
I was...[emoji41]

This one has the taller ones. The only thing it don’t have really that I don’t like... or well, at the time, anyways, was the painted side steps. I really wanted the chrome ones but for now, those’ll do. At least until they start getting rock nicks on them. Lol. They’re kinda nice, actually.

Well that, and the lack of the tow mirrors but as discussed before, they don’t offer the power fold-away feature on the tow mirrors when on the 1500.

I’ll have to get them to slap a set of locking lugnuts on the wheels.

Kinda wasn’t crazy about the spray-in bed liner. But hey, I got the lifetime warranty on it so if it starts to peel/chip, they can fix it...lol.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had the 3.21 and now 3.92. I know others will claim they notice a major difference between the two but I don't. Unless you plan to add real heavy tires either will work just fine.

I have the factory spray in liner too and I'd much rather it didn't. I went to the dealer to order a truck without it so I could get a Line-x premium but they made an offer on this truck that I couldn't refuse. I may add a tonneau cover to help prevent it from fading to grey.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the 3.21 and now 3.92. I know others will claim they notice a major difference between the two but I don't. Unless you plan to add real heavy tires either will work just fine.

I have the factory spray in liner too and I'd much rather it didn't. I went to the dealer to order a truck without it so I could get a Line-x premium but they made an offer on this truck that I couldn't refuse. I may add a tonneau cover to help prevent it from fading to grey.

Yeah, it don’t look too bad but it does look a little thin tho for my taste in a spray-in bed liner. At least compared to the aftermarket ones anyways. I just hope they did a good job with the prep work before they sprayed it in there but hey, like I said, I have the lifetime unlimited miles warranty on it. Lol.

But mine won’t get seen a whole awful lot because a Retrax Pro tonneau cover will soon be covering it all up....[emoji41]

I thought about putting a bed rug in it but probably won’t since I was told that the Velcro strips don’t stick well to the liner. I might just get the one that doesn’t cover the bed sides...lol. I dunno, I’ll figure somethin out...lol.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah, it don’t look too bad but it does look a little thin tho for my taste in a spray-in bed liner. At least compared to the aftermarket ones anyways. I just hope they did a good job with the prep work before they sprayed it in there but hey, like I said, I have the lifetime unlimited miles warranty on it. Lol.

But mine won’t get seen a whole awful lot because a Retrax Pro tonneau cover will soon be covering it all up....[emoji41]

I thought about putting a bed rug in it but probably won’t since I was told that the Velcro strips don’t stick well to the liner. I might just get the one that doesn’t cover the bed sides...lol. I dunno, I’ll figure somethin out...lol.

I put in the rubber mat over the top of the spray in. It works great and now my stuff doesn’t slide all over.

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Nice truck, congrats.

I’m not a fan of the grill though or the big huge RAM lettering in the back.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put in the rubber mat over the top of the spray in. It works great and now my stuff doesn’t slide all over.

Hey, that works. I have a rubber bed mat in my older truck but because I didn’t have a tonneau cover on it for so long, it kinda weathered a little bit so now ya have to be careful crawling around in the bed or you’ll get black stuff all over your hands...lol.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck, congrats.

I’m not a fan of the grill though or the big huge RAM lettering in the back.

I hear ya. I think I do prefer the Laramie grill better tho, but hey, maybe by the time the factory chrome playing starts to chip, they’ll have some nice ones to choose from in the aftermarket...[emoji14]

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey, that works. I have a rubber bed mat in my older truck but because I didn’t have a tonneau cover on it for so long, it kinda weathered a little bit so now ya have to be careful crawling around in the bed or you’ll get black stuff all over your hands...lol.

Mine has always been under the tonneau so maybe that is why mine has not become black depositor. Mine is Dee Zee brand I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio