Well I’m coming back to the 4th side lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The main problem for me with the new Accord is they made it “ more sporty “ then family oriented. I mean really 19” wheels for a supposed serene vehicle lol.

As far as the leftovers, the two dealerships that I have been in contact with seem to want me to pay the mortgage on their buildings. I actually lol at the sales manager who asked me not to divulge the great deal he was giving me. It’s not like I was looking for a Limited Limited version of a Limited. Just what I listed in the OP. Then the second place offers me a 2019 for 84 months as a way of keeping the payments down. I didn’t ask you to worry about my money.

The good part for now is that even though my Legacy is from 2010, she drives like a dream and will hold me until I officially write this check. Of course if anyone knows of vehicles near 08332 that meet my criteria, please shout them out.
f982f4b88f107a42fc2bd6c01f86376f.jpg

Father Of Four

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Hey there, how’ve you been ? You need to hit me up some time. :)

Father Of Four

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Dark, that's great news man! Congrats! Glad to hear you looking for another ram. Hope your search goes well. Maybe you should check out dennis Dillon to see if it'd be worth the trip? In any event I wish you well and hope you feel better by the summer and can enjoy it with your family.

Have a good Friday guys!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ll try Dennis Dillion and see what they have .

Father Of Four

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
aaah man.. glad your ok and healing up... god bless

welcome eback

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok even if I fly to Dillion it’s a 37 hour drive back for me. Now I hate driving to begin with lol so no way am I doing that. I have a place the next State over that has exactly what I am looking for. Going there on Monday to make them my buy it now offer. If not, then trust me I can easily wait until the correct deal comes.

Father Of Four

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
The main problem for me with the new Accord is they made it “ more sporty “ then family oriented. I mean really 19” wheels for a supposed serene vehicle lol.

Well they have to cater to the new majority crowd that thinks their Accord Sport can take on the Nürburgring.

People used to buy Camrys and Accords because they all were just simple, comfortable and quiet. Now those type of cars all have crazy styling and no dealer stocks base models without "sport" packages. But everyone really knows they are not sports cars. So, what are they?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Well they have to cater to the new majority crowd that thinks their Accord Sport can take on the Nürburgring.

People used to buy Camrys and Accords because they all were just simple, comfortable and quiet. Now those type of cars all have crazy styling and no dealer stocks base models without "sport" packages. But everyone really knows they are not sports cars. So, what are they?

Your right. That is what they were when they first came out. I think they are catering to the millennal generation. Lol. I never cared for them personally but they are reliable cars and do what they are supposed to.

Back in the early 90s they had a quality advantage but no more. I had a 2005 civic and 2- 2014 crvs and they were just ok. Nothing special. I've spun wrenches on most all of em and Honda/ Toyota is no better than the big 3 anymore in my opinion. The Honda's had issues just like the rest of them, however the dealers willingness to go above and beyond to take care of the customer is notable and much better than the big 3 who seem would rather call stuff normal than try to take care of the customer.

The big 3 should take some notes on the customer service aspect from the Japanese in my opiniin.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ll try Dennis Dillion and see what they have .

Father Of Four

I tried Dennis Dillon, but as not impressed......with prices or lack of service/returned calls. Local dealers matched their price within $200, and the trip out & back would have been way more than that.

If you have medical problems getting in & out of a vehicle, look into the Chrysler auto-mobility program.

Basically, you fill out a form and get your doctor to sign it, then Chrysler pays for 50% of the necessary mods & installation (side steps, auto-steps, handicapped lifts, etc).

You only have 6 months from vehicle purchase date to do this. Had I known about it, I would have the AMP steps and I would have paid less than I did for the current fixed ones I have.

My dealer knew I had issues, as I told them I would not get a truck without steps, and told them why. They never mentioned this program to me at all, I discovered it by accident, but it was past the deadline already.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now thank you for that information as it stands now my physician suggests that I qualify for handicap tags as it is.

Father Of Four

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
f982f4b88f107a42fc2bd6c01f86376f.jpg

Father Of Four

Here we go, right down the rabbit hole again. *popcorn*
(If I was quicker/better at GimpForMac I'd make ya a special version of this image, with money, mod parts, etc.)

downtherabbithole.jpg

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Meanwhile I'm deciding on just what will be bought for me versus what I buy myself for Father's Day this year. (WeatherTech/Husky Floor mats, McGaughy 2" Rear Lowering Coils for the 4wd, etc-etc.)

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now thank you for that information as it stands now my physician suggests that I qualify for handicap tags as it is.

Father Of Four

Make sure you get them for your wife’s car too in case she is driving you some where. Don’t feel bad about getting them I had too after my surgery and lengthy rehab (mine was the kind hangs from mirror)

Last edited:

Vanquish Auto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As most already know, I was in a serious accident right before Christmas. Luckily I survived although my Ram did not. Picked up a 2018 Accord 2.0t Touring to hold me over. I was going to use this until the 2020 Ram were made available . Then pass that on to our oldest at home daughter for college.

Sadly due to my injuries from that accident, I can not tolerate driving the Accord on a day to day basis. Nor can I wait until 2020 for the Ram. I’ve decided to park the Accord and get a 2018 Ram instead.

Now my must have according to my reads lol.
3.92 gears
5.7 Hemi ( again )
4x4 as NJ is noooo joke
Best lighting that I can
Crew cab ( family of four )

Outside of that anything else is just icing on the cake.

I will be doing the following after the purchase.

New exhaust ( I’m an exhaust addict )
F&R outside cameras ( parking safety )
Pedal Commander
Ceramic coating
Amp research powered steps
Tint matching
Tonneau cover
SQ sound system / complete deadening

Here’s the Accord and here is the Legacy that I’ll drive until I pick out my new truck.
156d434693904df8589ff9f44adbf43e.jpg
96df94a4c4a89d51cef8a026d644171c.jpeg

Father Of Four

If you really like exhaust my only suggestion is long tube headers. There is no cat back in the world that will make the exhaust right like headers. I guess we got here right in time to help with those lights.

Good luck on the recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guess it was a year not 6 months...all I know is it was too late for me, and my injuries weren't bad enough to warrant handicap tags, (or at least it was not suggested and I never asked).

This was from 2012, so the form may be different, and shoot, the whole program may be no longer, but make sure you pursue it substantially, as I said, my dealer was aware, but didn't mention it until I asked them directly.

Here is the email I got from them about it & the form at the bottom:

You are welcome to submit your Automobility claim as we can still review claims within one year from the purchase date. If your claim is submitted past the one year timeframe, you would also be required to submit a "Letter of Late Submission" providing a valid reason why your claim is being submitted so far outside of the required timeframe.

We will require the following documents to process your Automobility claim:

1) Automobility Application Form signed by yourself and a Chrysler Group dealer

2) Itemized Paid Invoice for the running boards

3) Signed Buyers Order/Purchase Agreement for your 2012 Ram 1500

4) Vehicle Registration or Title

5) RX signed by a licensed medical doctor (on letterhead or prescription pad) stating that the running boards are medically necessary

I have attached a copy of the Automobility application form for your convenience. Please note that the fax number listed on our current application form is no longer active, but the required documents can be faxed to our new toll-free fax # 855-409-0475, scanned/emailed to [email protected] or mailed to PO Box 5080 - Troy, MI - 48007.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Andrea

Chrysler Automobility Program Headquarters

[email protected] | 1-800-255-9877

and the form:

Attachments

• APPLICATION FORM.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 0

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Hope your Healing continues God speed Sir! This info may help you , I have totally worn out Hip and one worn out Knee both of which is bone on bone, with other health issues preventing me from getting a new knee and hip replacement, so needless to say pain is every day with no end in sight for last 5 years. The 4 corner suspension helps me so much I cannot get in my truck with out it! The truck lowers to get in and out , I cannot describe just how nice it is last 4 years! I also had a retrax put on for my bed cover back in 2014 when i got my new truck,its awesome,just hit the button it opens and closes in snow,ice heat etc. Auto Light and locks.Its easy to operate with remote control,I use a long truck bar to reach in my bed for items.
My understanding is the 19 ram has improved 4 Corner suspension and retractable side steps! So you rest assured as soon as the rebates hit I'm trading my 14 for a new 19. and most certainly will have a Retrax bed cover for the new if I cannot use my old one!
Welcome back and good luck to you Sir!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you and I’m still not sure about the 4 corner suspension as being as tall as I am I can get in and out. I’ll try one out and see what it feels like though. Also I will look up that cover that you are referring to.

Father Of Four