Went to the track...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swampmoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I went to the track last night... and all I can say is I hate you guys down at sea level! Had a blast and ran faster than the three guys I went with(2011 GTI/2012 GLI and a slushbox 350z) but the DA killed me. The track here is at 3075ft and the DA last night was over 7200. Was at full weight, subs/amp and 1/2 tank. Only ran three times with a best of 15.28 @ 93.99... the other two were 15.3's. Corrected the 15.2 with the DA was a 13.88 so I don't feel too bad, but a corrected time isn't a time slip in my hand. And to compare a 6spd challenger r/t(intake/tune) ran best of 14.42, and a new F-150 5.0 ran a 16.36. Now i'm going to take the truck instead of the car when I drive home to Houston next time just to run it down there :peace:

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
glad you had a great time bud.... i am in the same boat as you, my DA here is horrible.... i want the opportunity to go to Houston to run it there to see how mine does

OP
OP
S

Swampmoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, i grew up outside of Houston and got used to that awesome track and sea level... and was stationed in Virginia for 6 years which was also not bad. I knew when I got here and my built/whipple low 10 second(in virginia) 04 cobra wouldn't even break into the 10's that I was gonna hate this altitude crap.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
13.8 corrected is a great time. It is tough to explain to customers sometimes why they are not running the same times they see people posting about on the forums all the time, but this is a prime example. Weather and altitude can make your fast truck feel like a lawn mower going down the track.

OP
OP
S

Swampmoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
13.8 corrected is a great time. It is tough to explain to customers sometimes why they are not running the same times they see people posting about on the forums all the time, but this is a prime example. Weather and altitude can make your fast truck feel like a lawn mower going down the track.

Exactly! I'm happy with the way the truck ran under the conditions, especially compared to the other guys running. I'll definitely be hitting you up for a stall and some gears though... These 3.55's and stock converter are killing this things 60 foot times.

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah man, keep at it......a 13.8 corrected time is moving. So glad we are close to sea level here!