What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The driver-side rear corner of the Honda busted to bits courtesy of good ole iron oxide last Monday. It'll never see the road again. I'm just thankful it happened on my gravel lane and not when I was doing 70 MPH on the highway.

The Ram's back in action as my DD. Of course, that same Monday, the battery was kapoot (my fault, it's what one gets for playing the radio for 2 hours on "accessory" mode and then forgetting to run the engine afterwards). Swapped in a spare, went to town, gave the ole girl a spray down at the car wash and noticed that the rear fuel tank strap had busted, courtesy of good ole iron oxide. And of course, I didn't notice this until AFTER I had filled the tank, so it was a somewhat nervy drive back home while praying that the front strap would hold the 24 gallons of premo gas.

Fortunately, it did. Replaced the rear strap with literally 20 minutes left to get ready for work, a process that was slightly slowed courtesy of good ole iron oxide on the mounting stud and the fairly heady hangover I had which ensured that my short-term memory would be operating at minimum, thereby ensuring that I would be wasting plenty of time making numerous trips between where my truck was parked and the barn where all the tools were until I finally had everything that I needed (or thought that I would need).

I hate iron oxide.

Last edited:

thestuntboy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 2500/2001 2500/2018 3500
Engine
8.0/5.9 gas/6.4
Passed her last emission test by the skin of her teeth. Pass is pass.Freya emmision.jpegFreya July.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Wake up, y'all.

Finally said to hell with this heat and fixed my A/C. Evidently my accumulator plugged up and needed replaced.
Changed my accumulator and high side line last weekend and have good A/C again. Heater core bypass is next.
Here soon I'm planning on replacing both lock actuators, bypassing the heater core, and replacing the steering box and linkage finally after like 5 years.

Rob2gen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar Magnum 360
Changed the break-in fluids in the differentials with 75w/140 (was a little late, probably ran 2k miles since rebuild and change to 4.56). Fluids were clean no chunks of metal; slight flake in rear. Reinstalled front driveshaft with all new U-joints (had been in my buddy's man cave for a LONG time). Installed New Steering Gear Box Stabilizer Bar that was gathering dust in my basement. Installed new fuel injectors (saved the originals... they were 22 years old). Installed new distributor cap and rotor. Took me and my buddy 6 hours, with him doing most of the work as I have a broken arm. It was a good day for the truck!

Last edited:

thestuntboy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 2500/2001 2500/2018 3500
Engine
8.0/5.9 gas/6.4
Replaced a slightly rusted leaf spring shackle and broken rear brake equalizer.Rusted shackle.jpg

Allikanbe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
replaced my heater core. did it over 3 days. i will never do that job again. total pain in the neck. stupid design on the replacement core. the tubes did not rotate. it's really a 2-person job. holding the dash up and trying to insert the heater core at the same time is no fun.