What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I wouldn’t say I’m on a STRICT budget, considering all I do is pay for my insurance and phone bill, but I totally get what your saying. I want to get some cheap-er good tails so I can have MORE money for bigger and better mods (Like the rims I’ve been saying I’ll buy for the past 4 months lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, most led tails are close to the same price, usually around $120...

Unless you want the word "recon" stamped on it lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I don’t really fond the looks of the Anzo, I’d have to say the depos are the best looking ones, the only thing I don’t like about them are the reflectors in the center, I’m considering buying them and blacking those out but very risky on a set of $120 tails lol

Those smoked look good, ive done a set before!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t really fond the looks of the Anzo, I’d have to say the depos are the best looking ones, the only thing I don’t like about them are the reflectors in the center, I’m considering buying them and blacking those out but very risky on a set of $120 tails lol

Check your local laws first, only reason I left my red reflector is because here you can get ticketed for no reflector in the tails

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Those smoked look good, ive done a set before!

I’m assuming you had to heat the adhesive up to pull the lens off? I’m considering it but I’ve never done it before. The big thing I’m afraid of is putting it back together and having a leak haha.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Check your local laws first, only reason I left my red reflector is because here you can get ticketed for no reflector in the tails

Screw that, lol, i take my chances with that

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I’m assuming you had to heat the adhesive up to pull the lens off? I’m considering it but I’ve never done it before. The big thing I’m afraid of is putting it back together and having a leak haha.

Oh you're talking about taking em apart, yeah ive done that before, that's definitely more involved, and resealing them isnt as hard as you think, i mean if "ramportin1" can do it, anyone can [emoji13]

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screw that, lol, i take my chances with that
Seeing as how I've been bent over with no lube already for tinted windows and blacked out headlights, I try to follow the ******** laws now days lol

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Except for tinted windows I can't live without those

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Really theres a law for that?!?? Ive done so many illegal thing I’m pretty sure haha. Ive done electronic dump pipe (which sound badass btw) Lightbars in the front bumper that come on with high beams (I took that off tho), and I’m about to match the front windows with 20% tint lol. I hate state laws so if I get pulled over I’m fooked haha

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
All it says on the state website is that the rear of the vehicle need some sort of reflector..... I think there is a reflector in my 3rd brake light so we are good hahha

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No splainin to do bud, I’m a man and everything I told you is true except the fact it’s paint....for that my apologies.
RESPECT for being a man [emoji109] looks good bro like the truck

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Ive tried virtually every set of tails for the rams, and of all my testing these two are the brightest...

Depo:
922a8f855ac7e743052d5c6e3e03ddf9.jpg

Anzo:
54ffca6646902762e83da52cd53dd9ae.jpg

These both come in various looks, but these are the two brightest styles
I prefer the depos x10 over those anzos. Plus if I were to paint match inside then paint over them like you did, I dount I'd have a quarrel left over about them.

Just to be sure, though, any experience with spyder, spec-d, and/or lumen tails? Specifically in the plain single array+reverse bulb variety?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I prefer the depos x10 over those anzos. Plus if I were to paint match inside then paint over them like you did, I dount I'd have a quarrel left over about them.

Just to be sure, though, any experience with spyder, spec-d, and/or lumen tails? Specifically in the plain single array+reverse bulb variety?

Pix of the one your talking about

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
No splainin to do bud, I’m a man and everything I told you is true except the fact it’s paint....for that my apologies.

No worries man, it still is a good looking truck, know what could look good, and i might be crazy but paint your wheels black and get orange lug nuts!

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

I installed spec-D on my moms old Fusion, they were pretty good quality. Cant say anything about the tails but if they are anything like the quality of their headlights I’d say they are a good option.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really theres a law for that?!?? Ive done so many illegal thing I’m pretty sure haha. Ive done electronic dump pipe (which sound badass btw) Lightbars in the front bumper that come on with high beams (I took that off tho), and I’m about to match the front windows with 20% tint lol. I hate state laws so if I get pulled over I’m fooked haha

Lol well I only know Oregon but yes I actually got railed in the bootay haha 200 bucks for front tint man and 2 F'ng 50 for blacked out headlights!! You already know I removed the tint for my court date and had em re tinted by the following week though [emoji23][emoji23]. But I try to stay legal for the most part kuz them hefty ass fines are never "in the budget" and when you out of nowhere got to pay 500 bucks it sucks