What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed my carven 5" tips, pedal commander, tailgate assist and curt harness adapter for opt-7 tailgate lightbar that arrived 2day for install tomorrow.
Made a grocery run, love the add ons and hit a new miles milestone...300

20200102_150456.jpg

20200102_152323.jpg

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
20200104_184144.jpg

I've only had my '15 1500 Express for about a month now but the mods are rolling in haha. Lets see, so far I have done:
RA2 swap
Pioneer 6x9s front and rear, Kicker 3.5s in dash
Cabin airfilter install
B&M Shifter knob (not super impressed, save your money for another mod!)
Underhood light and harness (with twisted loop LED 561 bulb)
Underdash lighting using the non-led light assemblies (has neutral white LED 194s in pic, doesn't match LED dome light, OCD triggered!)
LED dome light
Mopar high wall floor mats
Proclip 213515, Arkon 4-hole AMPS to 17mm ball, Slipgrip 17mm ball phone holder (rock solid mounting solution)
Amber 9006 LEDs in foglights
LED cargo lights, CHMSL, brake lights, reverse lights and license plate lights (I'm an LED ***** LOL)
Set foglights as DRL using AlphaOBD
Global window down
Mufflex DOD-M80 muffler delete
Hellwig rear sway bar and endlinks
Debadged huge chrome 1500 door emblems
Wadestar blind spot mirrors (why are the stock mirrors so damn terrible?!)

Paycheck, what paycheck? LOL So many mods to come. I'm now looking at a tuner and a Vararam intake. And the steering wheel radio buttons. And a silver wheel bezel. And a 2/3 or 4/6 lowering kit. And a tonneau cover. And wheels. And black headlights. And... And...

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Threw on some centramatic wheel balancers6cd7dfeef0541d46b733de556c49330f.jpg
c9386d140f6f566be76c09fa09e2dc60.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5pt7BigHornSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 191004

I've only had my '15 1500 Express for about a month now but the mods are rolling in haha. Lets see, so far I have done:
RA2 swap
Pioneer 6x9s front and rear, Kicker 3.5s in dash
Cabin airfilter install
B&M Shifter knob (not super impressed, save your money for another mod!)
Underhood light and harness (with twisted loop LED 561 bulb)
Underdash lighting using the non-led light assemblies (has neutral white LED 194s in pic, doesn't match LED dome light, OCD triggered!)
LED dome light
Mopar high wall floor mats
Proclip 213515, Arkon 4-hole AMPS to 17mm ball, Slipgrip 17mm ball phone holder (rock solid mounting solution)
Amber 9006 LEDs in foglights
LED cargo lights, CHMSL, brake lights, reverse lights and license plate lights (I'm an LED ***** LOL)
Set foglights as DRL using AlphaOBD
Global window down
Mufflex DOD-M80 muffler delete
Hellwig rear sway bar and endlinks
Debadged huge chrome 1500 door emblems
Wadestar blind spot mirrors (why are the stock mirrors so damn terrible?!)

Paycheck, what paycheck? LOL So many mods to come. I'm now looking at a tuner and a Vararam intake. And the steering wheel radio buttons. And a silver wheel bezel. And a 2/3 or 4/6 lowering kit. And a tonneau cover. And wheels. And black headlights. And... And...

I know exactly what you mean. Within the first month I completely swapped my interior to Laramie, except the dash(next on the list). How do you like the pioneers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
You’ve peeked my curiosity. What are those for? And what type of wheels are those?

They are wheel balancers that use ball bearings to balance your wheel/tire assembly without the use of balance weights. Or in my case try to smooth out my tires. I've had my 37" Cooper's balanced twice but still have issues, Hoping these help. Quite a few guys in the power wagon community swear by them

They are XD Addict 2s

Last edited:

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to figure out how to disconnect my shifter assembly with damaging or having to replace any bushings. Anyone know the truck?

02f2ca180e5ac803478b59c7ffa4c51a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I know exactly what you mean. Within the first month I completely swapped my interior to Laramie, except the dash(next on the list). How do you like the pioneers?

I keep looking at wrecked Sports and Laramies on eBay but damn, are those expensive seats! I think it would be nice to put the heated/ventilated leather seats and flow through console in my regular cab. That is down the road a bit.

The Pioneer 6x9s are TS-A6970F that I bought on Amazon for $49 a pair. They sound a lot better than the super cheapo base model speakers but I suspect the RA2 head unit I swapped in are holding them back a lot. I wasn't thrilled with them being "5-way" speakers but they were super inexpensive so I can't really complain too much.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I have used the Centramatic balancers for 3 yrs now. Work great.
I've been fighting my Cooper's for months now. Took it for a drive today feels like a totally different truck. I'm sold

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Tonight I installed red 3157 tower LEDs in my tail lights. They look like this:
3157-rahp28-t-2pk.jpg

There is plenty of room for taller LED bulbs in the stop/turn/taillight bulb location as the housing is pretty deep. I managed to only break one of the stupid plastic panel clips o_O.

However, look at the heat discoloration on the socket:
20200105_174423.jpg 20200105_174431.jpg

Of course I forgot to get a pic with the LEDs installed. They are super bright!
I got a bulb out warning as soon as I stepped on the brake pedal to test them. I changed the "rear LED turn signal" and "rear LED brake light" option to YES in AlfaOBD and cleared the stored codes in the BCM. No more errors! These are not CANBUS LED bulbs either. I just ordered the same version of these but in amber for the front signals (quad beam headlights).

LED all the things!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've been fighting my Cooper's for months now. Took it for a drive today feels like a totally different truck. I'm sold

I have used the Centramatic balancers for 3 yrs now. Work great.

Couple of ?s for ya'll.

Are these the only balancing items or so you also have weights?

If you have had snow or mud packed wheels, did they take care of them or is there a point that not even they can not balance

And lastly, is there a minimal speed that they start working? Do you feel a shimmy until a speed when the take over?

Sorry for so many questions, but these are intriguing. I had to deal with out-of-bal tires for 2 day when they got packed with snow
and could not get above 65. It was too cold to run a spray wand or take the wheel off to clean them up. TIA

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Couple of ?s for ya'll.

Are these the only balancing items or so you also have weights?

If you have had snow or mud packed wheels, did they take care of them or is there a point that not even they can not balance

And lastly, is there a minimal speed that they start working? Do you feel a shimmy until a speed when the take over?

Sorry for so many questions, but these are intriguing. I had to deal with out-of-bal tires for 2 day when they got packed with snow
and could not get above 65. It was too cold to run a spray wand or take the wheel off to clean them up. TIA
I still have the weights on mine but from what I understand these work the same as putting balance beads in your tires so in reality the weights aren't necessary. I just drove 35 miles on the hwy (65+mph)going to work this morning and my truck feels 100% better. Zero shake in my steering wheel now. I'm definitely a believer. I never had any balance issues with my tires below 50mph so I couldn't help ya with low speed diagnosis.

I'd be willing to bet these will help with snow/mud packed wheels. I can't say for certain that it would completely eliminate it but judging by the YouTube video they put out it definitely can't hurt.
Wish I could give more insight on that, maybe in a few weeks after I've had em on for awhile

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I also have my Tires Balanced. I have used them in Snow and have had no issues. When driving very slow you can hear the Sand rotation inside them with the window down.