What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Used it to pick its 3 FG air filters. Found a guy in the FB marketplace that put on a CAI and not needing them. $60 for all three, paid $55 for the Mopar version about 2600 miles ago and the FG would be $51.21 shipped for 1 at the Cummings store. This will keep me going until the 75k mile mark

air filters.jpg

Last edited:

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished up the rear brakes this evening and will get to bleeding the new calipers tomorrow....I’m bushed.

I also have a Borla touring catback arriving tomorrow and got my Vararam air grabber today...Moe’s shipping is frickin fast.

Got a four day weekend coming up, so I’m going to be busy installing....I can’t wait!!!

b9fdd51cd4c73bb619e4a0898b5c856a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
very cool. I haven’t really looked. The only scale that I have ever been on is in my local landfill. I guess I can go there.

In Mo. most truck stops have scales that are available at little or no charge.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dropped mine off at the dealership for some warranty repairs. Service writer didn’t seem to know that the gen 4 Rebel had air suspension and had no idea how they would recharge it if they find a leak. Hoping the tech is more on the ball.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nothing too ambitious but I decided to take the console lid off to investigate how to disassemble the lid to get the stupid shiny chrome latch handle off to paint. I have the 40/20/40 bench and it was only 4 Phillips screws that hold the lid to the console base. The black bezel on the underside felt like it was held on by clips, so I used an interior trim stick to try and get the clips to release. Man, that was a struggle. The bezel is definitely designed to be installed and never removed. It has about 8 plastic clips around the perimeter that latch into the lid substructure. Of course, I managed to break most of them prying the damn thing off. But the latch handle is held on to the latch mechanism by 2 T15 screws and is super easy to remove. I used a green Scotchbrite pad to scuff up the chrome finish on the handle so that the paint has a better chance of adhering.

I looked all over the local area for the paint I wanted (Fusion Krylon in Satin Black) but could not find any so I had to resort to Amazon. The paint should be here Thursday.

Its going to bug me driving around with no console lid :Stupid Me:

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got mine back from the dealer for warranty repairs in less than 24 hrs. Reattached rear wheel wheel trim, actually installed a new one. And tech found that my truck was not sitting level due to the computer and suspension setting bring out of sequence. He recalibrated the computer and each setting and now my truck is level and actually appears to be a little taller when in the “normal” setting.

Didn’t measure it before I dropped it off, but put the level back on it when I got home, dead on.

pedersen_tim

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the perks of being a tech at a dealership I decided to do an oil change, rotate, and inspection instead of eating my lunch! Found out that my rear output seal on the transfer case is starting to leak but it's not enough to justify me fixing it yet lol4c3355de60d1aa8184c3c3e2f515c5f4.jpgda0104f54917ab7a68983dc2ffb6e989.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
So I went out to town yesterday to run an errand for the missus, and coming back, I got treated to a contest between a Ford Explorer, an F-150, and a county dump truck with a plow.

The country dump truck surprisingly wound up in a ditch with the plow disconnected and still laying on the road (that's why you see a giant plow laying there but this big yellow tipsy thing behind the smaller county truck). The F-150 pretty much lost everything forward of the firewall except the frame and tires, and they managed to shove it out of the way into a safe spot (you can see its ass-end just barely if you look close). The Explorer wound up down a 30' embankment on the RH side of the road from my POV. Amazingly enough, nobody got injured. Sorry about the lack of detailed pics, but I only managed to get what I could when I was stopped.

I wondered why/how this could happen, and I found out first-hand pretty soon afterwards. It turns out that the county plows are substantially wider than half the road, and this is a two-lane mountain road... I barely managed to squeak around a different oncoming plow myself not 10 miles later... I was lucky that there was enough shoulder to 'borrow' at speed. However, the area where this accident occurred has zero room to maneuver.

IMG_20200114_111212774.jpg

IMG_20200114_111512124.jpg

ricci427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have some money sitting in paypal from selling some thing here, and I've been browsing half the day, I'm torn between putting in LED headlights and interior lights from headlight revolution, or doing the upper glove kit.

Upper glove box obviously way cheaper

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Used my work (body shop) discount to buy the glove box lamp and hood lamp kit from the dealer. BUT it turns out the warlocks do not come with the wiring for the underhood lamp. Only the glove box lamp harness was factory installed. Returned the hood lamp kit :(

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Used my work (body shop) discount to buy the glove box lamp and hood lamp kit from the dealer. BUT it turns out the warlocks do not come with the wiring for the underhood lamp. Only the glove box lamp harness was factory installed. Returned the hood lamp kit :(
There is a plug on the passenger side hood hinge area. You'll need to get the harness along with the light.

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
There is a plug on the passenger side hood hinge area. You'll need to get the harness along with the light.
Not sure that any of the 19 classics came with the wiring present. I have installed a few kits on older trucks but i looked for the plug on my 19 and another buddies 19 neither of us have the plug for the harness or light to plug in to.