What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, @WY-Dave, do you think it could be weather hot-cold cycles that worked the fuses out? It happens with circuit cards in electronics and expansion cards in computers all the time. Reseating cards in computers is one of the first troubleshooting steps.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey, @WY-Dave, do you think it could be weather hot-cold cycles that worked the fuses out? It happens with circuit cards in electronics and expansion cards in computers all the time. Reseating cards in computers is one of the first troubleshooting steps.

Anything possible. When I flew we would have the cold/hot pops all the time. On the ground the jet was where we had to take off the flight suits top half and wrap the top around our waists to below freezing. As hard as they were to push in, I still am leading to not being pushed in all the way to start with.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks for the report. I'll be checking my fuses today.
Give a shot to what you find. I am curious to see if it was the scrub boards, sudden temp changes or shoddy assembly.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Balmy 45 F here in southern Ontario! Gave the inside a clean and washed my mats, vacuum etc. Felt good! Outside just hit a touchess wash... should be called a useless wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Had a scare from hell today. I jumped into the truck to get blood drawn and it would not start. Got service electronic braking system. And the best part, It wouldn't even turn over. Tried to hook up my OBD readers and nothing would work. Looked into taking the negs off the batteries, but would need a terminal puller. Time to call Dodge for a tow. What a cluster that was. So figure out would check fuses while the tow guy was on his way. Then I noticed that some of the fuses were poking up a bit. So I started pushing down some of the fuses and realised that every single one was not seated right. This will go to explain why I had intermittent problems with the radio and the cruise control. After pushing them all in, the truck started right up. After did some research online there has been about 5 more instances that other people have found the same thing. I know that living out in the country in the dirt road scrub board shake alot crap, I find it less likely the shaking would cause for all the fuses to be popped out a bit. They were not all evenly so I don't know. But two of guys that had the same issues so they never went off road or lived out in the country. Good news is it's all fixed, bad news is it looks like my tablet that I was trying to use to get the codes died. So now time to play with that

The only things that did give in to a push were the black c/b on the left in the pic and and any of the others. The other non-blade fuses also had play in them. So now everything is tight. In a month or so I will check again and see if any rattle their way up. With EVERY fuse needing to get pushed in, I think that the assembler just went fast and did it half-assed.

You can see some of the fuses up, this pic was taken when I was in the process of pushing them down. I almost forgot "no pics, then it didn't happen" :p

View attachment 230194

Good thinking and thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Balmy 45 F here in southern Ontario! Gave the inside a clean and washed my mats, vacuum etc. Felt good! Outside just hit a touchess wash... should be called a useless wash
HA HAAAAAAAAA I know exactly what you're saying man.
The touchless washes are pretty crappy, but they get the heavy stuff off without scratching the vehicle. And the undercarriage wash is key, especially during the winter months.

I need to do the interior of my truck as well. It's not stupid dirty, but the driver's side Weathertech liner is a mess. I never really have any passengers so that side is pretty clean. She could use a nice detail as well though on the dash.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found a rainbow and followed it to the other end where I found a leprechaun. Asked said leprechaun where to find unicorns and off I went. Finally found one, made it cry (not telling how) and carefully bottled up its tears. Brought the bottled unicorn tears home and finally changed the fluid in my tcase.

E17FB7C5-6E1E-4F05-8D22-31D6990EC9D2.jpeg

52A476BD-7613-4D3F-BFF6-67AD9E08A7CE.jpeg

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found a rainbow and followed it to the other end where I found a leprechaun. Asked said leprechaun where to find unicorns and off I went. Finally found one, made it cry (not telling how) and carefully bottled up its tears. Brought the bottled unicorn tears home and finally changed the fluid in my tcase.

View attachment 230366

View attachment 230367
What were you smoking on this trip?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD

YEah, and pass to the right

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
HA HAAAAAAAAA I know exactly what you're saying man.
The touchless washes are pretty crappy, but they get the heavy stuff off without scratching the vehicle. And the undercarriage wash is key, especially during the winter months.

I need to do the interior of my truck as well. It's not stupid dirty, but the driver's side Weathertech liner is a mess. I never really have any passengers so that side is pretty clean. She could use a nice detail as well though on the dash.

Yeah I basically get them once every couple weeks in the winter just to rinse the undercarriage and salt off. If I’m brave I’ll use a coin wash but usually
The water freezes on contact so it’s kinda pointless [emoji2369].

For the inside I just use a damp microfibre cloth with hot water. Every few months I’ll use mother’s VLR spray and give it a nice deep none greasy gloss.

For the mats I just use a stiff brush and soap and the carpets I use my heavy duty shop vac which is worth every penny IMO.

Also, for air freshener I really like the fresh shave little tree. Smells manly lol

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I basically get them once every couple weeks in the winter just to rinse the undercarriage and salt off. If I’m brave I’ll use a coin wash but usually
The water freezes on contact so it’s kinda pointless [emoji2369].

For the inside I just use a damp microfibre cloth with hot water. Every few months I’ll use mother’s VLR spray and give it a nice deep none greasy gloss.

For the mats I just use a stiff brush and soap and the carpets I use my heavy duty shop vac which is worth every penny IMO.

Also, for air freshener I really like the fresh shave little tree. Smells manly lol

It sure is nice to live in an area that uses sand instead of salt.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not sure really, but it was around 4:19 when the adventure started. I was hungry and hit the drive thru, asked for a quarter pound..........thought I was at Burger King.

YEah, and pass to the right

Puff, puff, pass.........

Last edited:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It sure is nice to live in an area that uses sand instead of salt.

lol. I wish I lived in an area that didn’t require sand or salt. When going to work I transition from salt territory to sand territory and I find the sand
Gets into everything and everywhere. In the spring I like to jam my pressure washer into
The holes on the frame and watch the crap come out. Also the back bumpers acts like a scoop. In the spring there is a ton of sand in there I rinse out.