What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
9acb897d48735874cdb90e88d5d9928b.jpg

c146a46d450246c1e34bc0092e2c8df5.jpg

You would think a $58k (sticker) truck like a Longhorn would have a set of floor mats that would last longer than 30K miles. Wore right through the heal contact patch. I have a piece of heavy duty rubber from my old 2014 Ram mats underneath it to keep from ruining the rug. Another cost saving feature from FCA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same mats...112000 miles and still look like new.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I don’t like the lights. They are better than the older halogens but they are still I bit dimmer than I would like.

Silverstars make a huge difference. First night with my truck I took it out just to see how the lights are, and it was raining I couldn't see ****. I went straight to Walmart, and got a pair of the silverstars. They blow the stock bulbs away.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't need all the bells and whistles but even a base model anything includes a rear defroster. I honestly never even thought about it not having it. Never assume I guess.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

There’s a lotta **** we don’t “need”, but lemmie tell ya, it sure is awful nice hitting that remote start button in the winter and having that driver seat, steering wheel, back glass and mirrors warming up....[emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You would think a $58k (sticker) truck like a Longhorn would have a set of floor mats that would last longer than 30K miles. Wore right through the heal contact patch. I have a piece of heavy duty rubber from my old 2014 Ram mats underneath it to keep from ruining the rug. Another cost saving feature from FCA!

That sucks. I didn’t even give the mats in my brand new Limited (pretty much the same mat) that much of a chance. Within a month of owing it, I yanked all four of those out and replaced them with something I knew would last, like some molded Weathertech mats.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t like the lights. They are better than the older halogens but they are still I bit dimmer than I would like.

You got premium headlights, not premium bulbs. Get yourself a set of Silverstar Ultras, if you want something better than that, get you a good HID kit for your low beams and a kit of good LED’s for your highbeams and you’ll be good to go.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

How do you drive with spurs on? [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Silverstars make a huge difference. First night with my truck I took it out just to see how the lights are, and it was raining I couldn't see ****. I went straight to Walmart, and got a pair of the silverstars. They blow the stock bulbs away.

Even the fairly expensive Anzo headlights i had bought for my old third gen, were the same way. I didn’t even give the bulbs they put in the a chance, I yanked them out and put a set of Silverstar ZXE’s in.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Even the fairly expensive Anzo headlights i had bought for my old third gen, were the same way. I didn’t even give the bulbs they put in the a chance, I yanked them out and put a set of Silverstar ZXE’s in.

You got premium headlights, not premium bulbs. Get yourself a set of Silverstar Ultras, if you want something better than that, get you a good HID kit for your low beams and a kit of good LED’s for your highbeams and you’ll be good to go.

These are working good for me...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=131642&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish there was a dash indicator when the tailgate was open.

I know this dude’s banned but still; why would you want a door ajar light for your tailgate? I’m sure the guys who take their gates off for pulling goosenecks or 5th wheels, or for whatever other reason would love having that light on all the time. Lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate how the wipers do 1/2 to full stroke before windshield fluid even comes out. Fluid should always spray first, wtf?

This one makes sense. lol. Running your wipers on a dirty ass windshield is not good for them. You might as well take a piece of 80 grit sandpaper to your blades. Lol.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine

Maybe try it a while without your wife’s high-heels on !!!

Merry Christmas

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I don't like the headlights. Did the H9 conversion and it's better...

I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a CD player. Yea, I still buy those.

I don't like the poor dome light. Converted to LED and added the floor lights, but still can't see how ugly that broad in the passenger seat is (maybe that's a good thing)

I don't like not having bed lights. Fixed it with an LED portable light from Harbor Freight.

I don't like DEF. It smells like ****...probably because it is, and the whole system reminds me of a government out of control.

The horn sucks. The horn button sucks, and there is a delay when you hit the horn....I can get my finger up quicker than that.

Where do i put my sunglasses?

Why does the A/C always start out by blowing down at the floor?

And why, if I am suppossed to wait until the dash lights go out to start my diesel, does eveything once again reset after I start it?

Where's the holder for my phone? Ok, so I bought the cheap model....

And finally, Who cares about the DEF gauge? Gimme oil pressure and temp and I'll be a happy guy.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I know this dude’s banned but still; why would you want a door ajar light for your tailgate? I’m sure the guys who take their gates off for pulling goosenecks or 5th wheels, or for whatever other reason would love having that light on all the time. Lol.

The 5th Gen’s actually have a Tailgate ajar light now and I’ve had mine say that the tailgate was open a few times when it was actually closed. Got out, shut it harder and it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after 2 weeks of ownership my new 2018 limited with air ride this is my first dodge always had chevys before..

1- i hate the *** shiftnob thing
2- def needs better sway bars

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the headlights. Did the H9 conversion and it's better...

I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a CD player. Yea, I still buy those.

I don't like the poor dome light. Converted to LED and added the floor lights, but still can't see how ugly that broad in the passenger seat is (maybe that's a good thing)

I don't like not having bed lights. Fixed it with an LED portable light from Harbor Freight.

I don't like DEF. It smells like ****...probably because it is, and the whole system reminds me of a government out of control.

The horn sucks. The horn button sucks, and there is a delay when you hit the horn....I can get my finger up quicker than that.

Where do i put my sunglasses?

Why does the A/C always start out by blowing down at the floor?

And why, if I am suppossed to wait until the dash lights go out to start my diesel, does eveything once again reset after I start it?

Where's the holder for my phone? Ok, so I bought the cheap model....

And finally, Who cares about the DEF gauge? Gimme oil pressure and temp and I'll be a happy guy.

This right there in bold says it all; If you’re gonna buy cheap, you’re gonna get cheap. Don’t ***** about it later but yeah, I get it, the title of the thread is what don’t you like about your Ram. There is no set explanation of what you can and can’t say you don’t like for whatever reason.

But anyhoo, movin’ on. My Limited didn’t even come with a CD player. It was an option, but mine didn’t have one either. Maybe because too many people don’t play CDs anymore because of the digital age and use either an iPod, music off their phone- Pandora radio Sirius XM, iHeartRadio, or whatever else.

I’m not sure if the dome lights in my Limited are different from yours, but mine are just fine.

Mine came with bed lights.......

The DEF..... well, that has nothing to do with Ram. That’s a government thing and, if you drive a diesel, it’s required unless you delete it. And yes, it is practically ****. It has urea in it.

I don’t know where you put your sunglasses but I usually put mine either in the center console or up on the dash.

Mine came with a phone holder but I don’t even use it. I keep my iPhone in a thick otterbox so it don’t fit. I just either keep it in my lap, or on top of the roll up door for the small center console that covers up that holder.

Def gauge- well, I guess they coulda gone with an idiot light but, you need that gauge so you know where you’re at with how much because if you run it out, you’re gonna be walkin’...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 5th Gen’s actually have a Tailgate ajar light now and I’ve had mine say that the tailgate was open a few times when it was actually closed. Got out, shut it harder and it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. Well hopefully on reference to what I said about the guys who take their gates off, hopefully there’s a way to cancel that light.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
This right there in bold says it all; If you’re gonna buy cheap, you’re gonna get cheap.

You're right...next time I'll spend another $3k for the Laramie and get me a $3K phone holder, because all the other **** on those upgraded trucks isn't worth it to me. :) Please take all my "dislikes" tongue in cheek. I trade my vehciles in every 2-3 yrs, and I can find a reason to dislike **** on every one of them, regardless of brand.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're right...next time I'll spend another $3k for the Laramie and get me a $3K phone holder, because all the other **** on those upgraded trucks isn't worth it to me. :)
Yet you sounded like you wished you had the bed lighting, the better dome lights, oil pressure gauge, water temp gauge the better headlights.....lol.

Other than that redundant phone holder, really the only other things I coulda done without on my Limited was the movable pedals, and the navigation.

Please take all my "dislikes" tongue in cheek. I trade my vehciles in every 2-3 yrs, and I can find a reason to dislike **** on every one of them, regardless of brand.
I was kinda wondering about that but hey, some of the things people whine about on here, kinda makes one wonder...[emoji41]