What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after 2 weeks of ownership my new 2018 limited with air ride this is my first dodge always had chevys before..

1- i hate the *** shiftnob thing

Sometimes I do miss the column shifter but I think the knob is a lot cleaner look than the column shifter and especially that *** console shifter in the older trucks. Lol. Thought only cars and minivans had those??....[emoji849]

2- def needs better sway bars
I’ve got an 18 Limited and my sway bars are great. Maybe you need to get yours checked?....[emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]

But don’t forget, you’re really not driving a “truck” truck anymore with that halfton. You wanna stiffer riding truck with apparently that less body roll, gonna have to step up to a heavy-duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Silverstars make a huge difference. First night with my truck I took it out just to see how the lights are, and it was raining I couldn't see ****. I went straight to Walmart, and got a pair of the silverstars. They blow the stock bulbs away.
No match for LEDs. I converted my quads to LED and I no longer just blind deer, I cook them:D

No problems seeing at night.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No match for LEDs. I converted my quads to LED and I no longer just blind deer, I cook them:D

That is true but those Silverstar Ultras are no slouch. They just don’t last for ****. If you drive your vehicle average day and night, you’ll probably be changing bulbs around every year. The Silverstar ZXE’s aren’t quite as bright, but they have a pretty nice “HID look”. They’re a little more expensive than the ultras but they’ll last a lot longer.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar

That is my plan when the Silverstar ultras I have now go out. I was planning on retrofitting projectors into my quad lights, and going HID just like i diddto the Saturn had before the Ram. Although seeing how good the stock housing is I'm just going to do LEDs.

Last edited:

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate that my back seat isn't split. In my silverado i could flip up the side without the car seat for the dog and groceries. That's my only complaint so far.

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Silverstars make a huge difference. First night with my truck I took it out just to see how the lights are, and it was raining I couldn't see ****. I went straight to Walmart, and got a pair of the silverstars. They blow the stock bulbs away.
I’ll try what you and corneileois say. I never thought the Silverstars were that good. But sure worth a try.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I’ll try what you and corneileois say. I never thought the Silverstars were that good. But sure worth a try.

Try using H9 halogen bulbs instead of H11 bulbs. Almost twice the lumens, just need to trim a tab off the H9 base.

Unless you’re into that white-blue light thing like the ricers [emoji849]

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try using H9 halogen bulbs instead of H11 bulbs. Almost twice the lumens, just need to trim a tab off the H9 base.

Unless you’re into that white-blue light thing like the ricers [emoji849]
I like rice pilaf. That’s about the extent of it. Now, on to this tab trimming. We currently have H11 bulbs, and you say H9 bulbs. Trimming as in cutting, or filing ect?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I like rice pilaf. That’s about the extent of it. Now, on to this tab trimming. We currently have H11 bulbs, and you say H9 bulbs. Trimming as in cutting, or filing ect?

If you have the factory quad headlights, the low beam is an H11. You can swap that with an H9, it’s a common mod on all sorts of H11-equipped vehicles.

You trim/sand a rib out of the bulb plug inlet. After that, there is a metal tab that you might need to trim. When I did my truck I used wire cutters, pretty simple.

H11 are 55w bulbs, 1200 lumens I think. H9 are 65w bulbs, over 2000 lumens iirc- big difference.

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Which ones did you try? I had the Silverstar ultras in my old 08 Ram and they were great. Well, up until the lenses on the stock headlights started getting cloudy, and patchy with age. The Anzo headlights I replaced them with were nice with the Silverstar ZXE’s I put in them but I think a better bulb type choice would have been better. As you know, the 07-08 headlights, and maybe even the 06’s, were just a dual filament bulb. The Anzo’s converted to a separate highbeam and lowbeam, like a H1 and H3 or something. They kinda sucked, but installing the Brite Box from Geno’s Garage made the lowbeams stay on with the highbeams so life was good after that.

But anyhoo, this is a comparison between the stock bulbs and the Silverstar ZXE’s I replaced them with, all stock-sized bulbs.

Before, after-lowbeams......
b4d849f2738d7ceb657955d28bf472ec.jpg

f42cf092e05060d89009f03c2f937092.jpg

Before, after-highbeams....
5486ae1129fdc1a9e9e8d3bf49ee2c80.jpg

432ded8392089f0fdfc88395bd59c515.jpg

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
So basically the H9 bulbs are twice the lumens than the H11 I have in the PW now? So the extra 10 watts won’t effect anything? Thanks for this explanation.

H11 are rated at 1200 lumens, H9 are rated at 2100 lumens, pretty close to 2x. H9 are really a high beam bulb, but since the quad light low beams have a glare cap in the housing, you won’t blind oncoming drivers. I’ve never been flashed by oncoming traffic. Search YouTube for H11 to H9 mod, lots of videos.

RCH994

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM 1500 NIGHT EDITION
Engine
5.7 L
I dont like when its raining or truck roof is wet the second i open the driver door and water almost always drips on my driver seat same with the rear door opening and the rear seat will get wet (crew cab). A minor annoyance but you asked!

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont like when its raining or truck roof is wet the second i open the driver door and water almost always drips on my driver seat same with the rear door opening and the rear seat will get wet (crew cab). A minor annoyance but you asked!
I have this same issue. I have waterproof seat covers due to getting with very dirty clothes often, so not as much of a concern for me, but annoying all the same.

Common sense isn't...nor is common decency.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i cannot wrap my mind around the mental gymnastics that ram engineers must have done to put an led in every button in the center stack controls- tow/haul, engine brake, park sense, hill climb- and NOT have one in the traction control button. dealer told me its because it has a dummy light in the EVIC- but couldnt explain why all the rest of those functions do as well.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i cannot wrap my mind around the mental gymnastics that ram engineers must have done to put an led in every button in the center stack controls- tow/haul, engine brake, park sense, hill climb- and NOT have one in the traction control button. dealer told me its because it has a dummy light in the EVIC- but couldnt explain why all the rest of those functions do as well.

Probably because 90% of the time, most people don’t have a need to turn the traction control off. Unless you’re getting into some really hairy **** where you don’t need it wigging out locking wheels up left and right, it’s better if it stays on anyways.