What floor liners for great protection in front seat area? Seat covers for truck too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Hello

I am looking for suggestions for a heavy duty floor mat for the front foot wells for the 18 2500 crew cab SLT I have on order. I really like the Ram “slush mats” but the passenger side mat doesn’t protect the left side of the footwell very well. I am ordering the Ram one piece slush mat for back seats as it appears to work well from a coverage perspective.

I also want some really good seat covers as this is going to be a power washing work truck and I want to keep the interior nice. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMG_20180509_143337.jpg As far as floor mats a lot of guys swear by the husky and the weathertechs. The newer mopar slush mats do cover the sides

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love Husky liners. Used them exclusively for the last 6 vehicles I've owned. Weathertech are great too. From what I know about the new Mopar slush mats, they do have high side walls but don't overlap the door sills like Weathertech and Husky's do. Living in a northern state, winters can be brutal on that carpeting next to the sills.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Seat covers never seem to fit really well. Some guys have bought ones that look decent from walmart on the cheap. I just buy leather interior because I can wipe it off easy. Great for when I use my truck as a crew truck and for children. Not sure which is dirtier. Crew is muddier. Kids are stickier.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Husky liners are my favorite. Message me if you would like a quote on something. We offer Husky, weathertech and a few other brands.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I am a railroad locomotive engineer. I walk through all kinds of nasty. I went with Husky X-ACT Contour and could not be happier. Guys I work with also like the weathertechs.

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I got husky X from a member here and like them alot. My wife has weather techs and the husky's are not as stiff

I had wet okie seat covers in my last truck, and they fit like a glove, but pricey.

lchron36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 ST 5.7
I have weathertech floor liners. They are okay. My one complaint on the weather techs is that my passanger side floor liner has nothing to hold it in place. It slides around a little on the carpet. This is no big deal, until one of your bigger buddies crawls up into your truck and shoves the thing forward a few inches. But that is just personal preference. I will try husky's at some point.

As for seat covers, I am using Cover Kings Leatherette seat covers. Absolutely love these seat covers! I use to just buy the cheap walmart ones, but I would wear through them in no time at all. I am extremely hard on my interior from work and play. These covers are a vinyl material, but they actually look damn good, are comfortable, and fit the seat so well. i have even had a few buddies say to me "how do you get leather seats and hand crank windows??"(I have a 2010 ST). I don't have a picture available, but I have had these seat covers on for three years and they are holding up great.

https://www.realtruck.com/coverking-leatherette-seat-covers/

Last edited:
OP
OP
lobsterbake

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
It looks like Ram changed the passenger mats for 2018 as they don't have a high lip like the ram ones shown above. If it did that would be awesome solution. I am going with the one big RAM mat for the back seats. The current RAM front mats don't offer side protection and would be easy for a passenger to put their foot on the carpet.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks like Ram changed the passenger mats for 2018 as they don't have a high lip like the ram ones shown above. If it did that would be awesome solution. I am going with the one big RAM mat for the back seats. The current RAM front mats don't offer side protection and would be easy for a passenger to put their foot on the carpet.
Mopar part #82215583AB is the front and rear crew cab mat kit I have. Bought them in January this year.

OP
OP
lobsterbake

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Thanks BWL - have you been happy with them and do they slide around like some mats can or do they grip the floor well? I want something that protects the carpet very well and doesn't slide around.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Rambo14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I chose Husky for my 2014 because they offer a separate front center hump piece. So I have three pieces of front and one in the rear. This allows me more convenience when cleaning and if I decide that I don't need to cover the center hump I can simply take it out.

received_10216508689169829.jpeg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks BWL - have you been happy with them and do they slide around like some mats can or do they grip the floor well? I want something that protects the carpet very well and doesn't slide around.

Thanks for your help,

Mark
The front ones don't move as there's hooks on the carpet they hook to. Also on the passenger side I pop out the spare tire jack cover and tuck the mat behind it where it wraps around the front. Rear is a 2 piece so I'm not as big a fan of it. Takes a bit to keep them hooked together, but they don't move. I'd buy them again.

OP
OP
lobsterbake

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
One more question BWL - does the Dodge ones you have on the driver side give adequate coverage under the gas pedal - hard to tell and looks like a cut out. The husky picture posted by Rambo 14 looks like the huskies give 100% coverage under the pedal. Sorry to ask so many questions - I juts know how dirty I can get from power washing and don't want to trash my carpet from muddy or wet feet.

Thanks,

Mark

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
those mopar slush mats are the same ones I have replaced with Husky Liners. the coverage of them is no where near Husky's

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One more question BWL - does the Dodge ones you have on the driver side give adequate coverage under the gas pedal - hard to tell and looks like a cut out. The husky picture posted by Rambo 14 looks like the huskies give 100% coverage under the pedal. Sorry to ask so many questions - I juts know how dirty I can get from power washing and don't want to trash my carpet from muddy or wet feet.

Thanks,

Mark
They go high enough on the brake and e-brake, but they're lower on the gas pedal I imagine because of worries about sticking gas pedals. I don't have the best lighting at the moment, but here's a picIMG_20180510_114719.jpg