What is a good ODB2/CAN Scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used my android phone with torque and no issues. Also, since I have a bluetooth laptop, I've used ScanXL with no issues too.

Just sprung for a Launch M-Diag Lite. Bluetooth w/Android (perhaps apple also). I think I have $71 in it for device plus Chrysler package. Real time data, freeze frame, bled brakes and some low level maintanence and troubleshooting functions such as purge vapors test. Will also do some higher level functions such as reset BMS, TPMS and others for additional $$.

Instructions on use are practically non-existent, but I'm slowly getting a few things figured out.

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How powerful do want this scanner to be? Just a code reader or a full-fledged scan tool with live-data, module activation, CAN support, etc?
I have a CarMD reader that I was given as a Christmas gift which reads generic codes well but nothing more.
I also have an Auto Enginuity PC-based scan tool that is much more powerful and, yes, much more expensive.

How do you like your autoenginuity scan tool. From the looks of it you buy the scan tool for $250 and then the enhanced program for Chrylser or whatever other manufacturer you want for another $229 or so. Is that how you did it?