What kind of anti rattle hitch system do you recommend ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi ,

In a few weeks I'll have to drive a long way with a bike mount hitch on the RAM.
My hitch adaptor is moving and after reading on the web, I understand I need a anti-rattle system.

What do you recommend to me ?
I've seen anti-rattle pin, and another system who seems like a U bolt ( sorry my english is not very good ).

ww.cargogear.com%2Fimagelibrary%2Fimages%2Fre70235.jpg

Or

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg

Thank you ;)

David.

azziat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
will same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That rattle is annoying. Why do make them so loose fit? I was thinking of getting some stainless sheet metal close to the thickness of the slop , folding it and drilling a hole for the pin to go thru. Then sliding it inside along with the ball mount. Has anyone tried it? I don`t see the spring loaded pin doing much at all to quiet it down.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
^ This is what I did, I have 3 pieces slid into mine to take out the slop, I have the 2" sleeve adapter.

ekfraz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A quick and cheap fix is to wrap the inserted portion with black electrical tape.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Do like me. Throw so much crap in the bed....tools, t-posts, buckets and shovels. You’ll never hear that thing rattle :rockit:

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen people use milk jug, windshield wash jug plastic as shimms to keep it in place.

Other popular solutions involve grade 8 bolts in place of pin and torqued to squat the Receiver tube.

Alternatively i've also seen people tap the receiver for a bolt to keep the receiver locked.

MasonD21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HemiWagon
The anti-rattle solutions mentioned here all seem to be about keeping the draw bar quiet in the receiver with no load.

So if you're the guy who constantly has one hanging out the back of the truck and get tired of it rattling around going over freeway expansion joints, or bumpy roads, they all work great.

I'm unsure if the OP is trying to find a solution for loaded or unloaded noise concerns.

In terms of a loaded draw bar noise concern, the idea of steel sheets to shim the receiver sounds great, the U-bolt thing raises questions to me in terms of how much weight that item can handle in the event the trailer were to porous.