What size tires are yall running??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You wouldn't be so lucky to have a steering stop you could adjust out on that truck ?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 360
Question is, would a lift correct it? Or regardless would I need spacers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Question is, would a lift correct it? Or regardless would I need spacers ?

Lift should correct it. I ran 285/75/16 on stock wheels on a 2" stock off road lift no rubbing. Then again you're using the 17" stock wheels not 16" stocks. Depends what way you wanna go.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Explain pleaseee

Download the fsm it's all in there. But in short there are two bolts one on each side you can adjust to stop the steering before it hits. This is a 50/50 thing if, one the bolts come free and if you can adjust them enough.

Offset wheels over bs wheel spacers.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 360
Download the fsm it's all in there. But in short there are two bolts one on each side you can adjust to stop the steering before it hits. This is a 50/50 thing if, one the bolts come free and if you can adjust them enough.

Offset wheels over bs wheel spacers.

Yeah that's great and all but I just bought these rims lol...

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lift won't solve rubbing on the control arms. Possibly the frame, but it'll require quite a bit of lift to solve that problem though.

If you're attached to the wheels, just run a set of 1.5" spacers. I've got them on mine, and with 35's I have zero clearance issues against the frame or the control arms on stock 17's. I used red loctite, and just took my time installing them to make sure they fully centered on the hub. Then same with the wheel, only I used blue loctite there.

Do NOT use the ones that just slide between the wheel and the hub (usually 1/4" or 1/5" sized). You'll never once get them perfectly centered, and if they get far enough out you'll get vibrations that'll rattle your teeth.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
All it needs is a three inch lift to stop the frame rub. wheel spacers meh

bigschlief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What size tires is everyone running?? I'm trying to Find a nice 33" tire to fit the 16" rims I picked up today at Carlisle.

I have a reguLar cab long bed 1996 1500 4x4.

can anyone post some pics of a nice 33" with specs and xx/xx/R16 so I can get a good idea. Thanks View attachment 55601

I think those wheels in the picture are 17" wheels off a 3rd or 4th gen ...

If they are than they will have a nice offset look on a 2nd gen

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those wheels are his problem and the offset is causing his rub so might look good but dont work worth a ****.

^This

When I first had my 4th gen take off's they had 265/75r17's on them. Cleared everything fine, full crank backup forward, everything. I bumped up to 315/70r17's and even with the 3" lift I had frame and control arm rub.

A set of wheel spacers solved my problems. I think the stock 4th gen wheels had a 5 3/4 backspace if I remember right, and with 2" spacers I'm about 3 3/4 backspace now and clear everything just fine. I do need more lift on mine while flexing though. With sway bars connected it'll rub my inner fender liner pretty hard, so within the next couple weeks I'll be installing the 5" BDS I've got sitting in my shop with JKS Quick Disconnects and hope that'll solve my problems.