Whats best for leather ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowdude66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guy's, This is the first time I've ever had leather interior, what works best to wipe it down when cleaning ? Dash is also leather. Thanks

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I use Adam’s leather cleaner and their leather conditioner and love the smell. It smells like a new baseball mitt.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Gold Class cleaner and conditioner twice a year.

Schlotzky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Truth is, all your leather is coated in a form of plastic, so there's no particular reason to go crazy with leather specific products as the natural leather is sealed underneath. Many professional detailers use Meguiars Xpress spray wax on all interior surfaces. I do have quite a few leather conditioners that I use specifically for the new leather smell, like Griot's, smartleather (chemical guys), and duragloss and zaino. But ultimately all you want is some form of UV protection, a non-greasy finish, and perhaps lasting visual enhancement. Most any water-based interior protectant will do you just fine. I use 303 aerospace protectant or one of a few Meguiars interior dressings depending on the level of shine I'm looking for, or Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax (fantastic product for so many uses) for a nice matte water repellant surface.

The most important care for leather is keeping dirt out of the seams with regular vacuuming and keeping them clean with an automotive all-purpose/interior cleaner.

Simon930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use a airplane interior cleaner on mine

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used zaino's products for quite a while. Tried Adam's line of leather cleaning products and was just as pleased. Love the fresh leather smell.

2017Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mother's all-in-one Leather Care works great for me. I use it on just about all the interior, plastic parts as well.

41LQpr-HbhL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Wolfgang products are amazing and so is the 303 aerospace protectant. I wouldn't go back to OTC products after using these. I have heard good things about Griot and used a few of there products.

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used Lexol for grimier interiors, but Adams or Mothers interior works well for standard cleaning.

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Lexol reminds me of Llama spit. bleck.. I am hooked on Adam's leather care products. Especially the new stuff they got that smell's great.