whats my 1 ton worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok so I purchased a 1990 srw 1 ton last year at an auction. It has 64,*** original miles and stock everything. The bad is it was used as a salt truck and has some body rust on floor pan and above windshield and has holes drilled out on the roof from where lights were ran. also missing the tailgate I drove it a few times to work and back and all was good except a vacuum leak which causes it to want to take off when stopped and it not down shifting for passing but rides just fine. I know its rough and i don't expect gold for it but Iwould like to either trade or sell it for a 2nd gen 4x4 dakota or 1500.

This is the only pic i have of the truck so far so let me know what you guys think its worth or should i part it out.
truck.jpg

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the stuff can be fixed relatively easy. In a situation like this, I would ask you not if you had the $$$ to invest in fixing it up, but if you have the time to invest in fixing it up. If the rust is bad enough that you have to cut the floor pans out just remember that you'd more than likely have to custom fab some new pans for it. Unless you are lucky enough to find a gen1 with good enough pans to transfer into this one.

Parting it out is a good option depending on the demand for gen1 parts in your area. I know there's always guys looking for gen1 parts on the Dodge Ram Lovers facebook page.

OP
OP
K

kneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd love to fix it up and keep it, but I started to try and find parts for the truck to replace the bed and possibly the cab and cant hardly find anything here in my area worth while, the project is appearing to be more time than i have. The time, i will not have until winter when i get laid off, which is when i need the 4x4 the most. Id really want to move to the 2nd gen for the availability of parts both used and new. I realize anyone wanting to buy it would mainly be offroad guys or possibly someone wanting a plow truck.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah unfortunately time AND the aftermarket was never very fond of the gen1 trucks...sucks, but it's true. Anything you need to restore one of these trucks would either have to be sourced from a pick and pull and restored or custom made.

OP
OP
K

kneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Located in Ottawa, Illinois.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck with this.... I loved those Gen 1 Rams. Never knew the 1-tons came with SRWs back then. Learn something new every day! Thanks!

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
been lookin for 1 to fx up as a project, but too far from me