Wheel Polish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gilleydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram larami
Engine
tried a biker tip use lemon pledge on chrome wheels (all chrome on your truck)) i have to say in works like a champ it also makes clean up a lot easier -use on tires to, lots of bikers swear it works on paint and they use nothing else $2.00 at walmart

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
still using it
I've heard of using Lemon Pledge on tires, but chrome?

Are you using it on actual (metal) chrome?

What about the "chrome-clad" aluminum wheels on Big Horns? (Which are basically plasticky chrome wheel covers on aluminum wheels)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you can use regular wax/sealant on the wheels(same as you use on the painted surfaces. Also if you have access to any ceramic coating products, it works good on wheels also. It keeps them protected and a lot easier to clean up.
Jay

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I think you can use regular wax/sealant on the wheels(same as you use on the painted surfaces. Also if you have access to any ceramic coating products, it works good on wheels also. It keeps them protected and a lot easier to clean up.
Jay
I just waxed my "chrome" wheels on my new Big Horn. That was a lot of tedious work. If I could simply spray Pledge on my wheels and polish with a towel it would make it much, much easier. I'd probably do it several times a year instead of only once a year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess that's why they make so many different products---to each their own. I think I'll stand by my method---sometimes it's nice to have a little peace and quiet out in the garage even if what you're doing requires a little "more" work. I use wax/sealant and coatings on my truck, including the wheels, and Pledge on the furniture in the house. :naughty:
Jay

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I buy Pledge by the case, use about 1.5 cans per detail. Use it all over! Interior is used all over the dash and doors, not only does it repel dust but the truck smells great.

For the exterior, it is used on the wheels and it not only helps repel brake dust but is hydrophobic along with the application being much easier than any of the products I use on my paint. Over the years I have tried lots of different metal polishes and paint polishes on my wheels but Pledge is by far my preferred method.

After a couple of applications on the tires they stay very clean and best yet they do not sling silicone all over the side of my clean rig and finally, my tonneau cover sucks up Pledge and keeps it looking great.

I will say if you want your tires to be very glossy, you will not achieve it as Pledge just cannot make them slimy but after continued applications, your tires will stay clean with a really nice matte luster.

Thursday I plan on doing my last detail before the summer heat.
Iron-Free, clay and then three different foam buff pads. Gonna look amazing and I will sleep like a baby on Thursday night...

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I buy Pledge by the case, use about 1.5 cans per detail. Use it all over! Interior is used all over the dash and doors, not only does it repel dust but the truck smells great.

For the exterior, it is used on the wheels and it not only helps repel brake dust but is hydrophobic along with the application being much easier than any of the products I use on my paint. Over the years I have tried lots of different metal polishes and paint polishes on my wheels but Pledge is by far my preferred method.

After a couple of applications on the tires they stay very clean and best yet they do not sling silicone all over the side of my clean rig and finally, my tonneau cover sucks up Pledge and keeps it looking great.

I will say if you want your tires to be very glossy, you will not achieve it as Pledge just cannot make them slimy but after continued applications, your tires will stay clean with a really nice matte luster.

Thursday I plan on doing my last detail before the summer heat.
Iron-Free, clay and then three different foam buff pads. Gonna look amazing and I will sleep like a baby on Thursday night...

I'm going to give Pledge a whirl.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive used Lucas spray mist for years on several different vehicles. Easy to use, wet or dry. They also make a trim and tire spray that I really like, gives the tires the rich black rubber look but not shiney like they've been painted. It also works good on the chrome wheels, just wipe it on, no buffing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

valvestem

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Back in the old days, I knew a few tow truck drivers that used Lemon Pledge on the door panels of their rigs. Spray the whole thing and wipe down. Back then, there weren't any speakers in the doors though. So be careful if you choose to go this way. I used Lemon Pledge on my red '90 Harley for 12 years and the paint looked showroom. Now, I use a spray detailer on my cars and truck. The Harley was sold back in 2000.