When to buy a Power Wagon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiBoneFramer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Truck lovers,

I am planning to pull the plug on a 2018 PW. I am 100% CERTAIN that it will be a factory order. I want(ed) to order my beast in late July, hoping to receive it in October and thus receive year end incentives....but when do manufacteurers stop taking orders on 18s? Any help would be great.

Thanks!

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also interested in the answer to this.

Deviousin10tions

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Bighorn 8ft bed SRW
Engine
6.7 Cummins
if it's anything like Camaro's they stopped taking orders on 2017's in June of 2017, so I'd figure June 2018.

robertnb64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2017, I ordered it on Sep 22nd 2016 and it showed up on 1-2-2017, hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

TiBoneFramer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Okay so everyone is curious but nobody has the answer......

If a NEW model (2017) could be ordered in Sept 2016....
And other cars stop orders in June...

Pending (likely story) the 2019 PW is the same as the 17 & 18...

Then I should be okay to order in June or May...but July would push it

Please tell more experiences and I will add them to the math equation.

robertnb64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
In 2016, Sep 22nd was the 1st day Dodge were taking orders for the 2017 RAM models, it may be based on when the factory is ready to start building the new year models. I was able to order a 2018 Jeep near the end of August this year, but have not received my VIN yet or any update on when the vehicle will be built.

Most likely somewhere in May to June will be the last orders for the current year model unless they have many parts left over and want to try on get as many orders as they can.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a similar question. The current 2018 RAM cash back offer is set expire at the end of this month. Do the cash back offers typically get better or worst in November and December?

matt6.5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I purchased My 17 PW July 1 2017. was gonna order it " MY " way in June, but was told on week 2 of June they weren't taking orders for 17's. Could have placed an order for an 18 but no sure date when they start building and filling orders. Also no rebates offered for the 18's at that time. I found one listed on a dealers website Fitting most all my wants. Pulled the trigger and bought it sight unseen. waited till August before it finally arrived. I love the truck. Never been happier with a vehicle in my life. 5200 miles now. Never anything but 90 octane Non Ethynol since I brought her home.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ask your local dealer to be safe but July is too late. May or June is going to be it.

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I think finding a decent dealer is more important then when you order it.

I ordered a 2018 PW on Oct 10th, MSRP 52K and bought it for $46K 11-12% off MSRP is a fair deal, and you should be able to get that any time of year from a decent dealer.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
I think finding a decent dealer is more important then when you order it.

I ordered a 2018 PW on Oct 10th, MSRP 52K and bought it for $46K 11-12% off MSRP is a fair deal, and you should be able to get that any time of year from a decent dealer.

$52k MSRP? I didn’t think the PW started that low.

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
$52k MSRP? I didn’t think the PW started that low.

Well, I am becoming a curmudgeon. I ABSOLUTELY HATE all the electronic radio/audio/phone crap they are putting in trucks these days. I also dislike the new "Guppy face" grill. So the Tradesman with the power Wagon package with clearance lights gets me everything I want and nothing I don't for $52K MSRP.

I got the bed lights, the engine block heater, the popular equipment group, tow mirrors, trailer brake, and the uconnect 3 with 5 inch display and clearence lights. Near as I can tell it does not have the hardware to connect to the internet on it's own which is the way I like it. I got the 2005 silver Power Wagon emblem off of Amazon for $85 and put that on the tailgate. Looks awesome and not a trace of Ghetto style at all. It's my Power Wagon just the way I would have wanted it, I am just amazed I could order it that way, so I had to go for it. Should have added the 220 alternator for kicks and giggles, tried to after the order but it didn't happen. Not too worried about it.

The PW package adds the fog lights which are a must IMHO considering how bad the stock headlights are. And the wheels and Goodyear Duratracs are very nice. I think the Duratracs are better than the Goodrich AT's actually. We'll see how they wear. I got it in silver and it looks great with black grill. All go, no show. :)