Where is my starter relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zapata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L inline 6
So things have been really humid and wet in Western Oregon lately and my 91 5.9L inline 6 dodge ram wouldn't start for me. There's power coming from the battery, but no clicking sound of the starter relay nor is the solenoid engaging. The other day I tried it again (it was drier and warmer) and it started like a champ like usual; the relay engaged audibly. More rain again over the last few days and it showed the same signs as the first day, with no clicking of the starter relay at all. Today, drier and warmer, and the relay engaged without any problems. I'm a novice, so I'm not totally sure, but it seems to me that I have a bad connection somewhere between the ignition switch and the starter relay, or perhaps the starter relay is bad. Trouble is, I've searched all over and I can't find the starter relay. Where is it?

LifetimeDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984 1985 1977
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Are you battery terminals clean as a pin & tight? Loose cables at the other end with corrosion You know corrosion does it's best job when damp