Where is the 5th Gen Regular Cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought my '18 RCSB, but was looking at the Ram site's "build and price" page and don't see it offered for '19? Hmm, I might have bought one of the last ones...

Russ

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I heard something about they are moving the line from Mexico back to the USA so they won't be available until later in the year..... if I remember correctly.

Reactions: JB1

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this mean the Regular Cabs are still gonna be 4th Gen body style.... until 2020???

"So, what does all of this have to do with the 2019 Ram regular cab?

As I mentioned above the 4th Generation Quad and Crew Cab 1500’s are built at the Warren Truck plant. Regular cabs and HD trucks are built in Saltillo, Mexico. Warren Truck is going to continue to build the 4th Generation Ram 1500 Crew and Quad Cabs which will be labeled as the Ram Classic, until production at SHAP gets going full steam to fill Crew and Quad Cab inventory. At that time Warren Truck will shut down for 6 to 8 months and undergo a $1 billion update as it is currently the oldest and most outdated FCA plant. As all of this is going on Saltillo Truck will continue to build the HD trucks as well as the Ram “DS” regular cab. For 2020 the all new Ram 1500 regular cab will debut on the 5th Generation “DT” platform, these trucks will also be built at SHAP as they should have capacity by then."

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Does this mean the Regular Cabs are still gonna be 4th Gen body style.... until 2020???

"So, what does all of this have to do with the 2019 Ram regular cab?

As I mentioned above the 4th Generation Quad and Crew Cab 1500’s are built at the Warren Truck plant. Regular cabs and HD trucks are built in Saltillo, Mexico. Warren Truck is going to continue to build the 4th Generation Ram 1500 Crew and Quad Cabs which will be labeled as the Ram Classic, until production at SHAP gets going full steam to fill Crew and Quad Cab inventory. At that time Warren Truck will shut down for 6 to 8 months and undergo a $1 billion update as it is currently the oldest and most outdated FCA plant. As all of this is going on Saltillo Truck will continue to build the HD trucks as well as the Ram “DS” regular cab. For 2020 the all new Ram 1500 regular cab will debut on the 5th Generation “DT” platform, these trucks will also be built at SHAP as they should have capacity by then."
Sure sounds that way...the way that reads to me is, the RC when available will be labled as a classic and produced as a classic only, being a 2019 4th generation truck.

As long as they continue to make them I'm happy. My next truck when I trade in in a few years will be an RC. Just have to decide wether to entertain my "want" for a 3/4 ton vs. my need for a 1/2 ton.

These new 5th gens are striking in white. An all white RC in the 5th Gens body style would be near jaw dropping visually.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So,.....we have to wait till 2020 to see a new bodystyle rcsb?
Will a Sport level be offered in the rcsb platform?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I HIGHLY doubt you'll be able to order a rcsb 2019 Ram truck.
If you do, post up the order specs! Good luck!

@tones2SS Oh no, I think it's ******** and it's going to be '20 at the earliest. Probably thought he just try to get me in the door and sell me something in a Gen 5 quad. All I really want is your hood and a 3.55 gear, lol.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@tones2SS Oh no, I think it's ******** and it's going to be '20 at the earliest. Probably thought he just try to get me in the door and sell me something in a Gen 5 quad. All I really want is your hood and a 3.55 gear, lol.
Amen brother!! I ordered the 3.92 gears when I ordered my truck back in late 2015, but it is a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb.
Good luck man!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amen brother!! I ordered the 3.92 gears when I ordered my truck back in late 2015, but it is a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb.
Good luck man!

When ya got to have it, ya got to have it. Traveled at least 6 hours for each of my last 2 RCSB sports, worth it to get everything I wanted.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When ya got to have it, ya got to have it. Traveled at least 6 hours for each of my last 2 RCSB sports, worth it to get everything I wanted.

I never went looking for a RCSB till 6/18 and there was only one here in AZ/NV. There were none at home in NY in a straight line from Buffalo to Boston on I-90. I got the color I wanted (white) and as it stands I added and have everything I wanted except the Sport hood and 3.55 or 3.92 gears. I was a dealership painter for 10 years so the hood is no challenge and the gears I'll think about.

For electronics, I added an 8.4 UAQ radio with all controls including a shark fin, an M2Mods single zone ATC with all the sensors, Auto high beams, OEM brake controller, OEM remote start and programed everything you possibly can with the AlfaOBD without ever going to the dealer.