Where was it manufactured?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellDinger7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everybody-
I have an '85 D150 and I would like to know where it was made. I live in St. Louis and I think it would be really neat if it was made down the road. Just let me know how to find out.
Thanks-
rjb

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe back then they would have been made only at the Warren Assembly plant in Warren, MI...could be wrong though. That plant has been building trucks since the late 30's!

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody-
I have an '85 D150 and I would like to know where it was made. I live in St. Louis and I think it would be really neat if it was made down the road. Just let me know how to find out.
Thanks-
rjb

1985 would be built in Warren. St Louis didn't start building trucks untill i think 1996, I might be wrong.

look at the 11th digit of the VIN. it should be an "S" than its Warren.

Last edited:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
my 01 was made in Warren

arkansas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the Chilton manual, it tells you how to interpret the 11th digit to determine which plant made the truck. I believe there are four or five possibilities. If you do not have the manual, tell me your 11th digit and I'll look it up for you.