which speaker amp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i wanted to know which speaker amp should i put on my truck ist a single cab

so i have alpines 6x9 in doors
Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each
RMS: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each

alpines 6x9 in back seats
Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each
RMS: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each

and i have kickers ks 3.5 in dash
Peak: 80 watts per pair / 40 watts each
RMS: 40 watts per pair / 20 watts each

should i amp all 6 speakers or should i only amp the (4) 6x9 and leave 3.5 alone or watt
i love my bass just need that speaker amp to get the voice going

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have an Alpine MRX-v70 running my 4 6X9's and 2 tens. I'm very happy with it. A MRX-F65 would have crazy power for your speakers. I'm still running my 3.5's off of the head unit.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an Alpine MRX-v70 running my 4 6X9's and 2 tens. I'm very happy with it. A MRX-F65 would have crazy power for your speakers. I'm still running my 3.5's off of the head unit.

so wha you saying is just amp the 4 6x9's and leave the 3.5 alone with only stock head unit not amped correct?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go big ZED Levithian 3 6ch amp lol jk jk, try different configuration set the right and left 6x9s on 2 of the 4 channels and run those at 2ohm stereo if your amp can take it and run 3.5s off their own channels with gains low.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go big ZED Levithian 3 6ch amp lol jk jk, try different configuration set the right and left 6x9s on 2 of the 4 channels and run those at 2ohm stereo if your amp can take it and run 3.5s off their own channels with gains low.

jaja

i dont know if the 3.5 can handle

i was thinking of just amping the 4 6x9's and leaving the 3.5 alone with some tweeters

what do you guys think????????

and just to let you guys know
i went with 2 12" w6 jl audios with custom box in back side to side closed box stock h/u and a hifonic brutus amp 1200w with a audiocontrol epicenter sounds and hits pretty dam good i love it !!!!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am not a huge fan of 3.5s but thats because most people can't make them sound great when adding power. If you can adjust your eq enough those 3.5s will take it and like I said keep the gain down. Otherwise rock the 6x9s and have fun tuning your system. Why did you deside to go with the hifonic's amp?

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not a huge fan of 3.5s but thats because most people can't make them sound great when adding power. If you can adjust your eq enough those 3.5s will take it and like I said keep the gain down. Otherwise rock the 6x9s and have fun tuning your system. Why did you deside to go with the hifonic's amp?

ill se what ill do at least i have an idea
an the alpine amp seems good 640 watt peak
110 rms for each speaker on 4ohm seems good to me
Alpine MRX-F65 4-Channel 640 Watt Car Amplifier or em i wrong berly getting the hang of this music watts rms thingy and ohm!!!

well because a friend had it and sold it very cheap as he didnt need it so i decided to tested out and those w6 kiick pretty loud and clear and i heard hifonic brutus is a good amp as well
ill stay with this one for now i will be replacing with the slash 1000/v2 jl but i still need to buy other things!!!!

and i notice on the stero volume would go down sometimes lets say it was all the way up to 38 then i would check and it would say 35 sometime 30 it varies not all the time!!
can it be due to the line output converte stealing signal?
and would an audio control lc6 due the trick for me ?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes you should be set with that Alpine amp RMS is the continuous power that the amp can put out in normal conditions. I am by no means knocking that Hifonics my brother runs one with an older elcpise 10 and it hits pretty hard. The slashes are pretty spendy but from what I've read and heard you can't beat them for main stream audio amps when you pick it up I am 100% positive you will like it. The volume thing is new to me, that could be related to the radio being a can bus system and kinda protecting itself from to high of system draw like you are thinking but like I said I have never seen that happen. The LC6i has done a great job for people, I have never used it as I have always when with an aftermarket HU.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes you should be set with that Alpine amp RMS is the continuous power that the amp can put out in normal conditions. I am by no means knocking that Hifonics my brother runs one with an older elcpise 10 and it hits pretty hard. The slashes are pretty spendy but from what I've read and heard you can't beat them for main stream audio amps when you pick it up I am 100% positive you will like it. The volume thing is new to me, that could be related to the radio being a can bus system and kinda protecting itself from to high of system draw like you are thinking but like I said I have never seen that happen. The LC6i has done a great job for people, I have never used it as I have always when with an aftermarket HU.

perfect

and yes their spendy but i seen them for about 400-500 in craglist which is a hella of a deal for a used one as long as it works who cares if its used.
im going to get it when i finish the rest of the things

and yes this never happened before i notice this when i connected the system but im guessing is from the line output converter hopefully when i get the lc6 that little problem will go away

oh and i forgot to mention that on one point on the screen of the stock h/u said amplifier overheating that only happened ones

Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah I would externall amp those speakers as soon as you can. New OEM headunits aren't cheap.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Amp the 6x9's and the 3.5 off the head unnit....the 3.5's cant handle much power and you will blow them fast...imo

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amp the 6x9's and the 3.5 off the head unnit....the 3.5's cant handle much power and you will blow them fast...imo

thanks man thats kind of what i had in mind

i just leave 3.5 alone with stock h/u and put some tweeters

by the way which tweeters are very good?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the rockford fosgate t2 tweets that came with the componets. They sound great so far but it all depends on brand preference and $.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes LC6 or any other LOC you would like to try would work. If you have a budget the LC2 will work great for amping the 6x9s with retaining ability to fade front to back, left to right. Tweeters are hard to recommend because people hear brightness of them differently. Plus I don't think you will need to add anymore highs after the 6x9s and dash speakers all having them.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes LC6 or any other LOC you would like to try would work. If you have a budget the LC2 will work great for amping the 6x9s with retaining ability to fade front to back, left to right. Tweeters are hard to recommend because people hear brightness of them differently. Plus I don't think you will need to add anymore highs after the 6x9s and dash speakers all having them.

watts the difference between lc2 and lc6 as i would only have 2 amps bass and speaker amp?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh you will be taking the epicenter out ok yeah then that LC6 is what you want. All my info I am getting on most of this stuff is on AudioControls website. They have a ton of things to choose from that might work and at different price points when you google prices.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh you will be taking the epicenter out ok yeah then that LC6 is what you want. All my info I am getting on most of this stuff is on AudioControls website. They have a ton of things to choose from that might work and at different price points when you google prices.

no ill be leaving the epicenter connected?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you leave the epicenter in you already have your bass inputs and then you will need two for the 4ch amp which the LC2 has. OEM Integration this is the website if you want to compare and find the right one for your application.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
3.5" off dash, run four 6x9's off a good 4 channel amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn