which speaker amp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Check out both sonicelectronics and techronics for prices. I nearly fell out when I saw the V70 for only 258 on techronics. The 60watts rms X4 (at 4ohms) that the V70 puts out is really almost too much for my Alpine TypeR's. I do recommend replacing the 3.5, which most people on here will tell you if you are amping up the 6x9's that they will just drowned out the 3.5's. I personally don't think so. I believe the location of them makes them stand out some. Again though I have the V70, so I have only 60 watts rms going to the 6X9's, the F65 at 110watts just might drowned them out.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A theory I'm kicking around in my head too is wiring the dash and front 6X9's parallel, thus dropping their total ohm value to 2ohms. The dash speakers would need bass blockers in this configuration though, because I wouldn't want to completely kill the bass to the front 6X9 at the amp.

Any ideas from the peanut gallery if this would work?

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Do you have seperate tweeters? This thread is a bit confusing as to what you have.
If you have two sets of 6x9's, then factory 3.5's....I would amp the front 6x9's and the factory 3.5's without a doubt. Run the rear 6x9's off the HU..you never want a promounced rear fill...that's an imaging nightmare and very annoying. Rear fill is supposed to be virtually non-existent in the front seat....I have mine disconnected all together.

Option 2..
if you have seperate tweeters, run them in the 3.5" dash location and amp them and the front 6x9's....leaving the rear 6x9's ran off the hu power.
Don't worry about blowing 3.5's or tweeters....distortion blows speakers,,,not watts!!
just make sure the amp you buy has a good THD and your distortion will be minimum!

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you have seperate tweeters? This thread is a bit confusing as to what you have.
If you have two sets of 6x9's, then factory 3.5's....I would amp the front 6x9's and the factory 3.5's without a doubt. Run the rear 6x9's off the HU..you never want a promounced rear fill...that's an imaging nightmare and very annoying. Rear fill is supposed to be virtually non-existent in the front seat....I have mine disconnected all together.

Option 2..
if you have seperate tweeters, run them in the 3.5" dash location and amp them and the front 6x9's....leaving the rear 6x9's ran off the hu power.
Don't worry about blowing 3.5's or tweeters....distortion blows speakers,,,not watts!!
just make sure the amp you buy has a good THD and your distortion will be minimum!

DAMN, that is a great idea. I see some rewiring in my future.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Option 2..

kickers ks3.5 is what i have on dash
tweeters have not bought those yet

doors alpines 6x9type r
back of seats alpine 6x9 type r

that is what i currently have i still need to buy amp
but deciding on which one not sure yet

ok

so should i just amp the 3.5 kickers ks with tweeters
and 6x9 on doors

and leave the 6x9 on back seats with stock h/u?

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
kickers ks3.5 is what i have on dash
tweeters have not bought those yet

doors alpines 6x9type r
back of seats alpine 6x9 type r

that is what i currently have i still need to buy amp
but deciding on which one not sure yet

ok

so should i just amp the 3.5 kickers ks with tweeters
and 6x9 on doors

and leave the 6x9 on back seats with stock h/u?

So the 3.5 kickers have tweets built within? If so you dont need another set of tweets...so yes..spend two channels on the 3.5's, and two channels on the 6x9's for the front doors...and power the rear doors with HU power.
I would probably shoot for a 4 channel that puts out 75-125 watts per channel...that should be plenty. You wont get more volume with 125 versus 75 watts, but your speakers will be happier due to less distortion at higher watt levels. Check out some Arc Audio amps in your searches...they are wonderful amps at a decent price point. Their KS line is high performance, but affordable....their SE line is pure competition glory!
enjoy!

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the 3.5 kickers have tweets built within? If so you dont need another set of tweets...so yes..spend two channels on the 3.5's, and two channels on the 6x9's for the front doors...and power the rear doors with HU power.
I would probably shoot for a 4 channel that puts out 75-125 watts per channel...that should be plenty. You wont get more volume with 125 versus 75 watts, but your speakers will be happier due to less distortion at higher watt levels. Check out some Arc Audio amps in your searches...they are wonderful amps at a decent price point. Their KS line is high performance, but affordable....their SE line is pure competition glory!
enjoy!

So amp kickers ks 3.5 from dash
And amp alpines 6x9 from doors
And leave 6x9 from back seats alone with stock h/u correct?

And if so which amp do you recommend for this?

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking though, we'll both need a better head unit in the future. I'm thinking the HU at high volume send some pretty good distortion to the LOC, because I know my 3.5 powered off of the HU distort at volume.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would not power the 3.5s. I honestly would ditch them. I've pulled/installed various 3.5s in my dash several times. They do help for Uconnect and Nav voice. For music however, they hurt the sound. Currently, my dash holes are empty, and I have Morel Tempos in my doors. It sounds great compared to what I started with. Even adding just the center dash channel on deck power hurt the SQ.