Why so much hate on Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They're good trucks, unlike my Ram that has been to the dealer 4 times for 4 different issues, i'm actually getting a part replaced as of now at the dealer, i'm just waiting for them to finish.I know in particular some Ram owners hate Ford with a passion, without even driving one.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Because it's a Ram forum... :)

Though personally I don't hate Fords. My close second choice when I bought my Ram was an F-150. They're good trucks too.

Sorry to hear you've been unlucky with your Ram so far, but I have buddies with Fords that are no different. Same with Tundras and Tacomas.
It's the way things are now. They all share suppliers for the most part.

I've had a couple of warranty issues with my Ram, which fortunately were noticed and fixed during regular maintenance visits.
On the road though, my truck has gotten me through thick and thin. It's been a very reliable vehicle.

What parts have you had to get replaced so far?

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally I like all trucks, I just like the RAM the most, my stepfather has a F150 eco boost and I've driven it and it's nice and my dad has a Silverado and it's nice and neither has had many problems but I just don't like how they look. This is my second Ram and very happy with it.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had 2 ford vehicles in my lifetime.

At 16, I had a 89 ranger and it was a manual. I went through 2 engines in that ***** because....nascar.

Then I had a 2001 F250 V10....never had any issues except a clogged idle air control valve. $60 part at autozone and that was it.....except it only got like 6-8 mpg. But other than that No other issues up to when I sold it at 120k miles.

I'd take another ford no question. Especially a new super duty :naughty:

OP
OP
H

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Because it's a Ram forum... :)

Though personally I don't hate Fords. My close second choice when I bought my Ram was an F-150. They're good trucks too.

Sorry to hear you've been unlucky with your Ram so far, but I have buddies with Fords that are no different. Same with Tundras and Tacomas.
It's the way things are now. They all share suppliers for the most part.

I've had a couple of warranty issues with my Ram, which fortunately were noticed and fixed during regular maintenance visits.
On the road though, my truck has gotten me through thick and thin. It's been a very reliable vehicle.

What parts have you had to get replaced so far?

I've had the bedliner replaced, headlights, had a small leak fixed when the check engine light was on, and now my mirror is being replaced caused by a blown fuse. I also recently had the infamous "hemi tick" come up recently. My truck also hesitates a little to start up daily every morning. What really surprised me was when my 8.4a screen wasn't responding at all one time. The radio was on, and I turned up the volume, switched to blue tooth, reversed and my screen was frozen. The worst part was when it glitched, and kept switching back and forth between the reverse camera, and the radio. It has only happend once since, but that sure wasn't a pleasant experience.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I drive an 09 ford 1ton CCab at work almost every day. It only has 13k mIles on it, and I have been the only driver. First of all, it's ugly. Second, it rides and drives crappy. The turning radius is horrible, the steering is very heavy feeling, especially at slower speeds. The ride sounds/ feels like there are no shocks. There is banging and crashing going on over potholed and patched paved roads. The v8 is smooth running but gutless. The vinyl floor mat is like 1/16" thick, and I've already worn a hole thru it with my heel. I think Fords are over rated. It's not all bad. I like the clockable dash vents. They are sturdy, and infinitely adjustable, albeit ugly. The seats are pretty comfortable.
Whereas my 02 Ram dually 3500 QC 8' service box with 205k rides and steers circles around that Ford. The rubber floor mat in it must be made of titanium, because it show's zero wear, anywhere.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some people hate on ford's because they hate bad experience(s).

Some hate them just because they don't like Ford.

Some hate on them just because some Ford owners are obnoxious.

I have never owned a Chevy. Maybe never will. (I have owned pontiac and buick) Do they make a better or worse product? I dunno. But I will rib a chevy owner.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition and I still love it. The turning radius is tight. I've only had to replace the transmission cooler/radiator. It does have the famous rust out on the bottom, but nowhere on the body. It's definitely not fast, but it gets me and the family through the sand on the beach which is all I use it for anymore.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the end of the day it is no different than liking snickers over milky way, or Steelers over the Broncos. Everyone has an opinion some valid some are not but its still an opinion.

I run a Ford dealer, on my budget a 2014 4x4 Hemi Ram fit better than a 2014 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost with the same options. Our shops has cars and trucks in it, no different than any chevy, honda, toyota or Ram dealer. Some people have personal issues that are few and far between but hold a grudge.

Ive owned nearly 20 cars in the past 15 years. Ford, Dodge, Chevy, BMW, Chryslers, Nissan, VW, you name it. Some gave me issues some did not. Ive had 2 Chrysler 300's a 2013 and 2014, the 2013 was always in the shop for crazy issues that didnt stop me getting a 2014 which was perfect.

Dont let 1 car jade you. Some like style, some like features, some love a Hemi!

In the full size market there are only 2 trucks in my opinion Ram and F-150. The chevy-gmc is a joke, the foreign trucks other than the new Titan-HD(3/4 ton) are not trucks in my opinion. It all starts at the frame. The Ram is the best looking though. We all already know that though.

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Personally i drive an f350 and f250 everyday at work. The f350 pulls an 8k pound landscaping trailer and you would think it's pulling 20k lbs. my half ton ram pulls better than the f350. Now I know there are several differences but still. Say for instance ram ever folded, I'd buy a chevy before I bought a ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet if you start the same thread on a Ford site, it would be much worse than this ram forum.

In my 4+ years with my 2012 truck (don't have it anymore) I never had to go to the dealer for anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kccustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In all the time I have been on this forum I haven't seen anybody "hating" on any other brand.

If wanted a fancy truck I would have got a ford.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Because ford is in the lead and everyone hates the leader.

I had trouble with my 2013 f150 but I don't hate them. I would actually buy another.

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never understood full on bashing on brands , I have owned Chevy, Ford, Ram, Tundra ,Titan and so on . They all have good points and bad points. Unless your last Truck was a total lemon there is no reason to bash another brand. Now that said if it aint a Ram it aint ****!!

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I really liked my FX2 I traded in on my 3500. It was a hard decision, but ultimately I wanted the Cummins and Aisin tranny. Styling wise the both look great, I just didn't want to test my luck on the power stroke.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't hate Ford but had a bad experience with an 05 the ex and I bought brand new. Had the 5.4 engine and within the first 8 months of owning had to have 3 injectors, 2 catalytic convertors and 3 coil packs replaced. Everything was under warranty except the coil packs even though the service dept admitted the failed due to the injector issues. I'd consider an ecoboost or 5.0. I have had 3 Rams, a Chevy and a Titan and none had issues besides my 14 Ram but they were recalls and fixed for free. I think Ram looks the best and I've not had issues with them plus they usually have best pricing so I'll likely stick with Ram.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No hating here bro!! :favorites13:
(I know you're talking trucks, but I wanted to **** her out. lol)

Attachments

• 183420.jpg
    183420.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 96