Why so much hate on Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have never liked Ford or GM just don't see what people like in them I guess. Been in a Mopar family my whole life always seems GM and Ford guys talk a lot of **** but they are always driving a truck under warranty and trade every couple years. They are always bragging about how great their trucks are but never reach 200k or even 100k so what would they know. They will say they don't fix it a lot too but they are always going in for this or that warranty work etc. I don't have a warranty to help me so I choose Dodge. I think the 4th gen Ram was a game changer just like the 2nd gen was too. Ford does a good job innovating which is nice as it pushes Ram too but so annoyed hearing about them being #1 selling. I don't care who sells most only who sells the best. Best for me more importantly. Mopar muscle always has a place in my heart most others I can take or leave.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well said Smiley! I can honestly say I truly enjoy my truck more than just about any other vehicle I've had. I look forward to driving it especially as I have a company vehicle so I don't drive it much during the week.

Also as far as diesels go, Cummins is by far the best. Powerstrokes are so hit or miss I would never own one. That's why the guy at Powestrokehelp.com is in business. Duramaxes are a good motor but IMO not as good as the Cummins.

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I actually burned me syndrome from the Doge dealer. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's had that feeling. I traded in a paid off 2012 FX2 F-150 for my 3500 and I went in the dealership with the mindset of getting 24k for my truck and of course the lowballed me at 17k and I almost walked and told them I wasn't here to play games, they went to 20k and still didn't agree. It was about 10:30 at night and I still had an almost 2hr drive home so I settled for 21k. They told me the new truck had a $3500 rebate, the very next day the same identical truck, but black had a $4500 rebate. So I felt a little screwed by them, and when I seen my trade in on the web site for sale and not even washed I really felt screwed. Thank god I like my truck or I'd feel like a complete moron.

Trade-in:

Used 2012 Ford F-150 For Sale | La Mesa CA

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Because ford is in the lead and everyone hates the leader.

I had trouble with my 2013 f150 but I don't hate them. I would actually buy another.
Myth. The whole best selling truck comes from the fact the label everything under the F-series. GM trucks routinely outsell F-series, but GM reports two brands. Tell this to a Ford guy and fingers go in their ear and tongues stick out.

Ram has come a long, long way narrowing that gap since the late 80's. The cummins being a big factor and the radical styling of the 2nd Gen that we still have cues from in our 4th gen and rumors are the 5th won't stray far.

Personally, I had a lot of Fords before switching to Ram in 2015. I get X-Plan pricing and have a really good friend who sells them. When I went shopping for a HD/SD in 2015, Ford wasn't even on the list. At that time they were way outdated, 250 squat when empty after a few K, weakest frame, and I personally don't trust the Powerstroke brand to last or be backed by Ford.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
i have a good friend who is a service writer for ford and he wont own a new f150 he said when they have issues they have serious issues. when the ecoboost's came out it went to hell he said.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a good friend who is a service writer for ford and he wont own a new f150 he said when they have issues they have serious issues. when the ecoboost's came out it went to hell he said.

i live in "ford country". seems to me the ecoboost issues have been worked out. i have a few fishing buddies with well over 100000 trouble free miles. in the end i find folks stick with what works for them.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've had the bedliner replaced, headlights, had a small leak fixed when the check engine light was on, and now my mirror is being replaced caused by a blown fuse. I also recently had the infamous "hemi tick" come up recently. My truck also hesitates a little to start up daily every morning. What really surprised me was when my 8.4a screen wasn't responding at all one time. The radio was on, and I turned up the volume, switched to blue tooth, reversed and my screen was frozen. The worst part was when it glitched, and kept switching back and forth between the reverse camera, and the radio. It has only happend once since, but that sure wasn't a pleasant experience.

Wow, sorry man that really sucks.

For what it's worth I've had no issues with the 8.4 screen so far. It may be that you got a bad unit (or I lucked out and got a good one).

I recently started getting that hesitation at startup. There's a thread on it in here somewhere.
Doesn't bother me as long as the truck starts first time, every time. Seems to be a superficial issue so far.

I've driven long hours in mine with no reason to doubt its reliability.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

Not exactly a meme I would brag over when only one of them is a production vehicle and the other a concept.

As to Ford hate or any other brand hate, it does not matter what brand you drive, someone is gonna find some BS fault with it.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not exactly a meme I would brag over when only one of them is a production vehicle and the other a concept.

As to Ford hate or any other brand hate, it does not matter what brand you drive, someone is gonna find some BS fault with it.

Yupp, the meme is just a joke, you just laugh and move on.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a Ram forum as said before.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
No real brand loyalty here. I've owned a number of all of the big 3 trucks and I can honestly say they've all been pretty decent.

For me it comes down to who is offering the best "bang for the buck" at the time. This time it was definitely Ram. Next time I'll look at all 3 again. (Not sure if I'll be able to get past the ugly looks of the new GM trucks, hopefully they'll have made some changes by then so I can at least give them a shot)

That's a few years away though, for now with almost 2 years of owning my Ram, I still love everything about it. I still get a smile on my face when I drive it. It's going to stick around a while! :)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What really surprised me was when my 8.4a screen wasn't responding at all one time. The radio was on, and I turned up the volume, switched to blue tooth, reversed and my screen was frozen. The worst part was when it glitched, and kept switching back and forth between the reverse camera, and the radio. It has only happend once since, but that sure wasn't a pleasant experience.

This actually happened to me on Friday with my 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab!!! I was a little pissed off about it. (I'm really **** about my (babies), vehicles. lol) The radio played, but the screen was like a white noise almost. It was on, but it wasn't displaying the controls or anything. Couldn't turn the screen off either. Thank God it was an easy fix. I just put the truck into reverse, the camera came on and then the screen was back to normal.
I'm chalking it up as a "glitch", like you called it. Sometimes these things just need a "reboot" as they are still computers. It only happened that once, this past Friday. Let's hope that's the only time it happens. :crazy:

Good luck to you sir! :favorites13: