Will A 2016 RAM 1500 DOOR PANEL AND INTERIOR FIT A 2005 2500 RAM QUAD CAB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoopjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Im looking to upgrade my interior and im looking at a 2016 Ram 1500 quad cab interior with leather seats and door panels. Will it fim in my 2005 dodge ram? Will the door panels fit? Will the interior fit wit mild modifications? Will the rear seats fit? Please any input will help? Joe

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The front seats will bolt right in, you'll just have to sort the wiring. The rear seats require minor modification but will fit easily (there's a thread about it on here somewhere). Door panels will not, doors are shaped different between the generations.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The front seats will bolt right in, you'll just have to sort the wiring. The rear seats require minor modification but will fit easily (there's a thread about it on here somewhere). Door panels will not, doors are shaped different between the generations.
What about the dash?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What about the dash?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

That I do not know, HOWEVER...dashes in these trucks are an entire structure. Not sure that's a can of worms you'd wanna get into. You'd have to transfer all your wiring, etc to the newer dash (if it even fits). You'll need an aftermarket double din stereo to fit in the hole, you will have to adapt your HVAC module (which won't just bolt into that particular panel). you will also have to ensure all the ducting and vents line up with the discharges from your HVAC. Your stock cluster will not fit either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zoopjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Thank you. I have a chance to buy a 2016 Leather interior for 2200 plus 490 to ship. Includes 2 front seats , concole and rear seats. Do you think its a good price or keep looking? What is the nicest interior Ram makes for that truck? I should be able to hook up the heated seats with a separate switch right or its much more than that? Joe