Window switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elferniep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
All my passenger door window switches won't work they only work with driver control could it be some kind of fuse or faulty window lock button

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stupid question: Do you have it locked to were only the driver can control them?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could be fuse or even the wires in the boot going from door to can are torn-common issue

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my passenger side front will not go down on that side .... only from drivers control ...... i traced every wire you can imagine and no issues so i finally broke down and took it to an electronics diagnostics shop and they say its the master switch in the drivers door ...... and that thing is pricey ...... i bought a used one for 50 bux and the passenger window worked for about a week but then stopped again. apparently the master switch in the driver door is a common failure

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
Paid 88$ for a new one in my dakota but it fixed the problem till the day i sold her

Shark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I replaced the switch on the passenger door and it did nothing to fix the problem. Opened the door panel and couldnt find a short or anything. The passenger switch does work intermittently though. I must have a loose wire somewhere but I can't find it. The driver switch always works the passenger window. Any thoughts where else to look?

Shark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I ran across this on another thread. I'll try messing with the driver side.

its a known problem with the 02 and 03. the problem is actually with the drivers side switch. the wires work themselves loose somehow even though they're still connected. they act like theres a short in the wire, but theres not. some people have had luck with replacing it with an 04+ switch, others havent. dont think there is a definite fix for it, but you're not alone in having the issue....and its not a fuse or relay or anything like that.

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
I had to replace the master control switch on the drivers side. Thats what was causing it. Sorry if i created any confusion.
I did get it to work several times for a short bit by messing with the plug but it would eventually stop working again, so replacing it was less work.

hkunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram 3500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
How did you get the drivers door switch out? I took out three screws on the door panel, and one on the miro cover, but it wont budge. I've broken enough interior parts in my time to know there's going to be expensive little plastic thingie that I didn't find and is special order from the factory after they make a new gold one in China$$$$$$$.

Oh, its a 2007 Ram 3500 Megacab with the 5.9 and automatic trans.

Thanks!

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to say thanks for creating this thread. I'm having this problem with my 04 and I thought is was the fuse, but now I will try replacing the drivers side switches. :waytogo:

Buckeyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2D 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2D Master Switch Benzel

I have a 2D 2003 1500 with the same symptoms. I ordered a master switch which will hopefully fix the issue (this thread gives me some hope!).

On to a related question...I pulled up the passenger side switch to investigate and broke the plastic tabs since it's pretty old plastic. I ordered a replacement no problem as there seems to be plenty of aftermarket replacements. What I can't seem to find is a cheap replacement of the master switch benzel for a 2 door! There are plenty of 4 door switches out there, but not so many 2 door without the window lock.

So, my question, does anyone know a good place to find a 2 door master switch benzel without the lockout? I've found some OEM on ebay for $70+, but I find it hard to spend that money on plastic. I found an '06 for $40 and it appears to be the same shape and dimensions....Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Switchdoctor.com has master switches cheap, bought my master 6 mo ago and no problems, even when I leave the window down in a rainstorm :doh2:

Buckeyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2D 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Switchdoctor.com has master switches cheap, bought my master 6 mo ago and no problems, even when I leave the window down in a rainstorm :doh2:

That's actually where I ordered my switch from. I'm just worried about breaking the plastic tabs on the benzel when I pull it up. Hard to find 2D replacements for those that aren't OEM and $70 :nono: