Wiring for a topper/camper shell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
How did you do yours? I have a 3rd brake light to hook up, and a cargo light. I have read there is supposed to be a CHMSL labeled wire underneath by the spare tire but have not looked. Is there a wire in the back to get constant power so I can just run to the light since its switched (will add a fuse of course if necessary)

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
crawled under my truck tonight, I have the white with brown stripe wire for the 3rd brake light. Gonna get constant power of the trailer wiring down there too. Hopefully be done this weekend.

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Well got that 3rd brake light hooked up. and the topper light. Went off the trailer wiring, took my test light and found the hot one. Tomorrow I should get the LEDs hooked up, I have them mounted already. I ordered a 36 LED panel for the topper light too, will be the same as the one in my cab.

Ram_bo06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what are you doing with your roll bar? did you get rid of it for the topper?

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Nah I took it off for winter. We travel for the holidays and its nice have the box covered. Last year I had a tonneau and it worked great, so I posted it on craigslist for trade for a topper and a guy had this blue one.
1105111559.jpg

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has a 4 pin trailer harness in it for a topped, but I don't have one :( I want one tho. If you spot a black one on clist in your area let me know.

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Will do. I had to drive almost to mason city for this one, but I have seen them for a couple hundred bucks.