Wiring help Westin Lighted running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdricko

mdricko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, V8
Here are the instructions they sent after i asked about how to wire them. I was hoping someone here could maybe help me out with where to connect. The cargo light or somewhere else that would light them up when unlocking/opening the doors.

(i just realized i didn't state in the original post that i was looking for help where to connect in).

Determine whether your vehicle has a positive or negative switching courtesy system or an auxiliary light source (most Fords). Obtain an accurate wiring diagram for your vehicle's courtesy light system.

For positive and negative switching:

Locate a pass-through point (usually under carpet at driver side door sill) for the wire harness. Locate main courtesy wire (usually wire lead to dome

light). NOTE: If you do not use the main courtesy wire, lights will only function when one door is open. Route wire harness so that the 2 female

connections (from step board) are nearest to pass thru point.*Connect opposite step board lead to either connection. Connect the splicing lead to

remaining female socket and route one wire thru pass thru point.

VERY IMPORTANT - Double check that your system has positive or negative switching.

For positive switching only: Connect positive wire to main courtesy system, (usually wire lead to dome light). TEST CONTINUITY BEFORE

CONNECTING BY OPENING AND CLOSING ALL DOORS. Ground remaining wire.

For negative switching only: Connect negative wire to main courtesy system, (usually wire lead to dome light but sometimes from dome light to

courtesy ECU). TEST GROUND CONTINUITY BEFORE CONNECTING BY OPENING AND CLOSING ALL DOORS. Connect remaining wire to battery using

a 5A fuse.

**Be sure that you have not routed any wires near moving parts (i.e.. driveshaft) or near any heat generating source (i.e.. transmission, engine,

exhaust).

Auxiliary Light source:

Locate auxiliary light source connection under vehicle (usually attached to back side of front or rear fender well (refer to vehicles owners manual).

SEE FIGURE 12. TEST SOURCE BEFORE CONNECTING. Connect splicing leads to aux light source. test step board lights for proper

function by opening and closing doors.