Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
2000 1500 5.9l V8 Magnum

I have a good battery, good relay, and good start motor. Lights and radio will come on.

Lights won't dim when I try to turn on the engine, and the internet said that's a faulty starter - I now have a new starter. My battery was 3 years old - I now have a new battery. I substituted other relays for the starter relay, but it won't turn on.

I hear a single click, and no crank. Next up I'll start replacing the ignition switch, followed by the wiring... but if anyone could point me in the right direction so I don't fix what is not broken, I would appreciate you.

Help! Thanks!

Last edited:

duane9586

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Check your grounds and make sure they are clean. Mine did the same thing and it was a fuse in the fuse panel under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ramst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Check your grounds and make sure they are clean. Mine did the same thing and it was a fuse in the fuse panel under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still good... I get everything I need.. minus the engine. Thanks fokr the reply.