Wuring noice when gas pedal is pushed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As the title says when I press the gas pedal I hear a Wuring noise but I can't figure out where its coming from. Its z 2001 ram 1500. I bought it from a guy using it to plow his driveway and as a work truck. Thanks for any help

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not entirely sure what would cause it other than the PS pump going out.

OP
OP
W

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm think that the pinion bearings might be going bad or are bad cause the noise happens during acceleration and stops if I take my foot of the gas. can I replace the pinion bearings without removing the carrier?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think you're right that its something in the diff. Another clue is the use as a plow truck. Lots of forward, stop, reverse... and if the guys I know who plow are any indication, the vehicle hasn't stopped going one direction before its put in gear to go the opposite direction.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm think that the pinion bearings might be going bad or are bad cause the noise happens during acceleration and stops if I take my foot of the gas. can I replace the pinion bearings without removing the carrier?

Why start a diagnosis with a worst case senario? I would start with the u-joints first.

OP
OP
W

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking the same thing about the back and forth thing. I plow with my stepdad and he is rather rough on the shjfter. I have checked all the u joints on that drive shaft and they are all tight. A bad opinion bearing is my next stop

OP
OP
W

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yep but was a long day under the truck changing it out.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, but doing the work yourself is always satisfying, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah, but doing the work yourself is always satisfying, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll always take a couple of skinned knuckles rather than pay someone to do what I can do for the price of a few beers and some sweat.

OP
OP
W

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i always do the work myself if I can. this was the first dif swap I have ever done and everything works after I'm done

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm wondering if you opened up the old differential to see what was actually causing the problem?

OP
OP
W

workinguy26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I did. The oil was somewhat milky and was like really watered down concrete it had so much metal shavings in it. When they did work on it last they either lost or broke the carrier shaft bolt or lost it and thought tac welding it in place was a good idea. The tac welds broke loose and let the shaft move around and cause havoc