YOUR thoughts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gents, I'm bringing my truck in to the Les Schwab shop this week hopefully and it should be done by the weekend.

I would like to hear your opinions on exactly what kind of stuff with specifications to get to make my 2016 bone stock Longhorn 1500 look and sound mean. (I'm not going to get all chrome wheels no matter what but some chrome in there probably.) Aggressive looking tires. Let your creativity flow.

Here is what I'm planning on getting:

4"lift
35" tires
20" rims
Fender flares
Muffler or Exhaust system

Pic of the truck

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 100

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My vote- not that it matters BC in the end no one chooses what you will like only you can.

4" Zone with Bilstein struts
35" MT- Trail Grapps, Cooper STT max, or my biased fav are Atturos lol.
20x10 -24 Wheels of your choice
Swap the muffler for straight pipe or a straight through style muffler.

My style is tall and wide, some like shorter and narrow. It's all personal preference.

8FA1F523-DA83-43AE-9ED6-C6B1EC26446C.jpg

That's my style but you can't go wrong with Zone and Bilsteins to be honest.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, the most important thing to consider is how you use your truck.

And that is...

IMO

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What kinda tires are you rolling on? And same, so am I :)

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Off road look? But never go off road ..

Hmmm.

Id say 4" Rcx, 35" Atturo trail blades, 20x12 -100mm fuel octanes, ebay flares, and the loudest exhaust you can find.

IMO

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sense a lot of hate and sarcasm in that post lol. My truck won't be doing anything crazy, if anything. I'm posing like a son of a *****.

Edit- I don't mean hate like envy. I mean legitimate hate for lifted poser trucks haha.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sense a lot of hate and sarcasm in that post lol. My truck won't be doing anything crazy, if anything. I'm posing like a son of a *****.

Edit- I don't mean hate like envy. I mean legitimate hate for lifted poser trucks haha.

Good for you man. But go hate somewhere else. I didn't create this thread for people like you to stir the pot. But thanks for the info on your truck, I appreciate it.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I literally have popcorn stuck in my teeth...and belly button. Continue.....

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
MY thought is that I wouldn't have Les Schwab touch my bicycle let alone my new truck. I have heard horror stories from a friend of mine, and my son.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I was seriously kidding. There was literally no hate towards AustinB. I know he uses his truck and I know mine won't ever do the things he does. My "posing son of a *****" comment was not an angry statement. I know my truck is a street queen so I was being funny. All good though, my bad OP. Wasn't trying to start **** in your thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol I was seriously kidding. There was literally no hate towards AustinB. I know he uses his truck and I know mine won't ever do the things he does. My "posing son of a *****" comment was not an angry statement. I know truck is a street queen so I was being funny. All good though, my bad OP. Wasn't trying to start **** in your thread.

Haha alright no worries. Btw I guess getting fender flares too might be too much, like you said.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Classic.

Anyways... yea don't get flares. I hate them, so I'm biased, If you do get flares, don't be that truck noob/hipster who buys 12-14 wide wheels only to cover them with flares and totally negate the whole purpose of that offset. Now you are just killing your hubs for no reason, but hey, everyone will know you spent 1k dollars on disgusting pocket flares.

It sounds like you don't really know what you want, I don't mean any offense by that. I would say look through the lifted thread, find a few trucks you like, and "copy" them. Couple Major bullets to hit on:

1) Overall height (prob a given)

2) A/T vs M/T tire. Can change the look a lot. Typically an all terrain doesn't look as good on bigger trucks (more than a 4" lift). Typically, I said.

3) Wheels. Size, width, offset. Huge game changer. Also depicts what size tire you can run. But do you like 17x9, 20x9, 20x10, 22x10, 22x14, etc.

4) Rake. Can drastically make or break a truck. Smaller trucks that sit higher in the front look stupid. You aren't bull dog, or cali lean, or whatever bs its called when you have 4 inches on 33s or 35s. You just look like a douche. Save that for the big trucks. Same for the forward rake, if the rear sits too high, you look like an old man truck. Maybe you want that.

Just my two cents... you don't have to agree with these things. But for the most part, I'm right lol