Zone or ReadyLift UCAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 1500 Laramie 4x4 with 70k miles, stock wheels with BFG KO2 275/60-20 tires
I have a set of Bils enroute to me, to level the truck.
I am thinking I should install a set of UCAs for added insurance while off road.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Zone or ReadyLift UCAs?

Pros / Cons...

Thank you in advance!

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Zones just as added insurance when I did my Bilsteins. No comments other than to say they have been perfectly happy getting beat up in the desert occasionally.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good question, I've been pondering this myself. I called Zone and they told me that I can't run them with stock wheelsand tires on my BDS lift. I also called Icon about there's and those guys didn't even have a clue that the rear end on a Ram can very in height from 1 - 3" of rake. So I can't answer your question either unfortunately but I look forward to the other members response on this topic.

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone mevotech moog. All better than stock. I sprang for the zones for peace of mind.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good question, I've been pondering this myself. I called Zone and they told me that I can't run them with stock wheelsand tires on my BDS lift. I also called Icon about there's and those guys didn't even have a clue that the rear end on a Ram can very in height from 1 - 3" of rake. So I can't answer your question either unfortunately but I look forward to the other members response on this topic.

This appears to be tough sledding...

I just called ReadyLift, they stated that their UCAs will "not" work with stock wheels and require wheel spacers. (Side note, their webpage for SKU:
67-1500 states they fit 2006-2017 1500, but the tech I talked to said they will only fit 2009-2017 1500)
(doesn't effect me, but still)

I also called Zone, they stated that their UCAs "will" work with stock wheels, "do not" require wheel spacers.

It'd be great if they would just clearly state their claim on the product web page.

Not sure if it's worth the gamble...

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol now that made me laugh Lugnut. We both spoke with Zone Off road and received conflicting information. This is why I haven't bought a new set of UCA myself.

I've emailed Zone in the past as well and never received a call or email back. The only time I got there attention is when I left poor feed back on their Facebook page.

Also everyone talks up how great BDS is and they're just as bad as Zone. I just got off the phone with them and they sent me to a voice mail box which I'm willing to bet that I will not receive a response from them again.

Now Superlift on the other hand has bent over backwards on there customer service. I ordered a rear set of coils for my 12 Ram and told them that they were to tall and didn't level my truck. They said go ahead and keep them we'll have a new set shipped tomorrow.

Sorry my rant is over... I my have to wait until I buy aftermarket wheels before I finally pick a brand for my UCA. Keep me posted on what you end up with!

Rockk88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
I ran the Rancho Quicklift struts up front with the Zone UCA's and they worked really well. I chose the Rancho over the Biles for the adjustability if firmness and also so I didn't have to pull springs off stock struts. Also installed the Quicklift shocks in the rear to help when towing.
Here's her stance with -24 offset and 22's wrapped in 33x12.5

2uij1gx.jpg

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I didn't think the UCA issue showed up until the later 2013 models. I've been running a Pro Comp spacer in my 2012 for 70K miles and the UCAs are fine.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran the Rancho Quicklift struts up front with the Zone UCA's and they worked really well. I chose the Rancho over the Biles for the adjustability if firmness and also so I didn't have to pull springs off stock struts. Also installed the Quicklift shocks in the rear to help when towing.

2uij1gx.jpg

That's a nice looking truck and setup

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't think the UCA issue showed up until the later 2013 models. I've been running a Pro Comp spacer in my 2012 for 70K miles and the UCAs are fine.

Maybe not, but if I am already tearing everything down, might as well be safe.

Especially, do to the fact that I do spend a good bit of time on forestry, fire and public land roads with no cell service. So, it's added insurance.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

2uij1gx.jpg

Thanks for sharing the detailed information!

I was told that the Rancho was too firm and did a lot of "bucking" when riding on concrete highways, due to the expansion joints in the road.

That's why I chose Bils.

What has your experience been?

R@mCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the zones they are awesome, the ready lift ones look like a good product to but if memory serves they are substantially more expensive. I also like the look of the boxed arm instead of the tubular arm.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before i got my new rims I was running the Zones with stock 20" chrome clads and no spacers. Didn't have any issues with them not fitting. People have also had great luck with the mevotechs. If you're not really gonna be off roading much those would probably work just fine for you and save a ton of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the Zones for added insurance, due to the location of my off-roading and lack of resources nearby when I am back there.

Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the zones they are awesome, the ready lift ones look like a good product to but if memory serves they are substantially more expensive. I also like the look of the boxed arm instead of the tubular arm.

IMO they aren't more expensive, as for $350(ish) your getting new shocks, new coils and adjustability.

FYI, you can get these Rancho, with a set of rear shocks to your door for $450 on Amazon.

These are a better comparison to FOX 2.0, they are cheaper.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I run the rancho quicklifts with the zone uca's no prob on stock rims.. Bilsteins are great as long as your not on the very top perch.. They are much stiffer than the ranchos..

Attachments

• 20170630_120818.jpg
    20170630_120818.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 41

R@mCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMO they aren't more expensive, as for $350(ish) your getting new shocks, new coils and adjustability.

FYI, you can these Rancho, with a set of rear shocks to your door for $450 on Amazon.

These are a better comparison to FOX 2.0, then they are cheaper.
I wasn't talking about coilovers just uca, zone runs about 350 and ready lift about 450.