using drop springs and drop spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok guys as of right now i have a 2/4 springs and shocks have been changed out so i was thinking of getting the drop spindles to lower my truck some more i am running 305/45/22 ant thoughts on this thanks ahead of time

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You are going to need a shorter tire. I was planning on doing the same a while back but I never made it happen maybe within the next few months I will pull the trigger and say f**k it... lol

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You will need shorter tires, adjustable control arms, adjustable panhard bar, and shorter front bump stops. These trucks look tough at 4/6, but its not as easy as just slapping some spindles on there.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you just drop the front another 2" and keep the back end at 4" then you'll be alright with a shorter tire, but if you bring the back end down another 2" then you'll have to do a lot of reworking to do it properly. You CAN just drop it and leave it but you're going to wear out parts in a hurry. I'm down 4.5/6.5 running a 31.6"x9" tire and it still rubs on the upper control arm and swaybar endlinks.

OP
OP
delunad

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As of right now I rub only when I turn all the way on he sway bar ................ so my tires are to big dam so with this size tire where will I be rubbing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
delunad

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can I get some adjustable control arms I got under my truck today and I see what you mean as of right now I have less then 1/4 inch before it hits but what kind of control arms should I get

OP
OP
delunad

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks

OP
OP
delunad

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for the front one or will I only need the back ones?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You only need the rears. The only time you'll want to swap the front control arms is if you are going down 4"+ in the front where you can start putting a lot more angle on the upper balljoint but even then it's not really required. I changed mine with a set from Michigan Metal Werks because I'm a 4wd and I have a lot more angle on my upper arms than the 2wd does.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Kurtis, do you know if MMW offers a drop spindle? I am doing coilovers in the rear right now, and need to lower my front at least another 2" to have the truck sitting the way I want. The problem is that I don't want to run the heavy McG spindles. Just curious if MMW makes a lighter 2" drop spindle.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
They don't offer an off-the-shelf drop spindle but they can custom fabricate one if you want. I had talked to them about making a set of custom lower control arms so I could run a set of coilovers on the front but eventually other things started taking priority and the project fell through. There spindles would most likely be lighter than the cast steel McG's but it depends on how much plate they need to use to make everything, and they would need a spindle to jig from.