‘04 Ram lift DIY... how difficult??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cedarpir8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all, new to the forum but would appreciate some feedback. Have an 04 ram 1500 and want to put the rough country 5” lift and run 35’s. This is going to be a weekend truck/beach buggy so looking to be economical. Putting lift on myself would save probably 2k. How hard is it? Anyone done it themselves? Thoughts??

OP
OP
C

Cedarpir8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
man, thanks for the great replies, gents. Good news, after a couple weeks and a lot of learning i have my lift installed. Glad i did it myself, the knowledge is priceless. Also, while i was in there, i replaced upper control arms, lower ball joints wheel bearings and all pads and rotors. Here's a bad pic, i'll post a better before/after later this week. went with moto metal wheels and 325/60/20 Nitto terra grapplers, which is a little over 35" and a little more than 13" wide. No rubbing and no spacers needed. Pretty damn happy with it. 0.jpeg

Tech0515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, new to the forum but would appreciate some feedback. Have an 04 ram 1500 and want to put the rough country 5” lift and run 35’s. This is going to be a weekend truck/beach buggy so looking to be economical. Putting lift on myself would save probably 2k. How hard is it? Anyone done it themselves? Thoughts??

Honestly if you are mechanically inclined, it's not that bad. Can be done in a day, weekend or a week depending on your knowledge level. YouTube can be your friend here. I've had several and usually do them myself. I have an 04 right now and just through on 3 inch torsion bars cranked so it's about 4 inches. Got Rancho RS5000X 4inch lift shocks arriving today and then i'll throw on the 2 inch blocks for the rear. Cheap but effective.