‘21 Rebel - Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gadawg84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Howdy All,

Purchased a pre-owned ‘21 Rebel (still under warranty) and it’s been a nightmare ever since.

To keep it brief, I noticed mildew under the edge of the rear floor mat after the first heavy rain after purchasing my truck. I noticed the carpet was soaked all the way from the rear wall to the firewall on the drivers side.

In the last month, my dealer has:

-Replaced the windshield TWICE
-Replaced the rear glass TWICE
-Sealed the third brake light and fin
-Cleaned the sunroof drain(s)

Each one of these “fixes” has required a separate trip.

I’ve read the Star bulletins, I’ve printed out the TSB’s….

@RamCares Is there any hope for this issue? I’ve read similar posts on here - are we just stuck having to take this?

Last edited:

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
Very frustrating no doubt! I hope someone has an answer for you but worst case read up on Lemon Law. It sounds like you've met the requirements.

OP
OP
G

gadawg84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Preciate it. Unfortunately, Lemon Law doesn’t apply to used vehicles in my state.

Last edited:

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy All,

Purchased a pre-owned ‘21 Rebel (still under warranty) and it’s been a nightmare ever since.

To keep it brief, I noticed mildew under the edge of the rear floor mat after the first heavy rain after purchasing my truck. I noticed the carpet was soaked all the way from the rear wall to the firewall on the drivers side.

@RamCares Is there any hope for this issue? I’ve read similar posts on here - are we just stuck having to take this?

Does your truck have the cabin pressure vents, behind the rear seats (in the metal body - one on each side)?

If so, there has been several extensive posts about the vents leaking, requiring replacement.

Here is one: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/taking-on-water.173986/

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Howdy All,

Hey there,

Thanks for tagging us in this. We'd love to see how we can help. If you're interested, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Eugene Greathouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 19 rebel mid Dec this past year. Truck only had 5800 miles at time of purchase. I now have 12500 on it and this weekend ran it through car wash and found water coming through just above the rear sliding glass. Went to dealer this morning they found 2 cracks in the frame and are contacting ram for Goodwill since cerified pre own doesn’t cover this issue keeping my fingers crossed

Eugene Greathouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 19 rebel mid Dec this past year. Truck only had 5800 miles at time of purchase. I now have 12500 on it and this weekend ran it through car wash and found water coming through just above the rear sliding glass. Went to dealer this morning they found 2 cracks in the frame and are contacting ram for Goodwill since cerified pre own doesn’t cover this issue keeping my fingers crossed
@RamCares hooefully the dealer sent pics in to you

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy All,

As 1999 White stated it’s probably the rear “exhauster vents”. I had a minor leak in a 2018 which presented itself as condensation on my windshield every morning. No wet carpets, standing water, mildew. I assumed it was the shark fin as mine is at the front of the cab and the condensation appeared to come from under the headliner. Several people on here explained to me condensation manifests itself at the highest point and is not indicative of where it’s leaking. That said if your exhaust vents are leaking the water will move under the carpet and down into the storage wells. Chasing down my leak I sealed the shark fin, replaced the third brake light and cleared my rear window drains but it still persisted. Finally I pulled out my rear seats and took the rear cab covering down to examine everything on the rear of the truck. I found the exhauster vents leaked like crazy! Even though I already had the new style vents in a 2018 they still leaked. I replaced both for less than $30 and it’s an easy DIY. Vents still leaked! I used silicone to seal the vents to the cab wall and that finally fixed the vent leak. While everything was taken out of the rear of the cab I noticed water leaking from near the rear seatbelt on the driver side. It was higher than the rear window so only the third brake light would make sense. Come to find out when I replaced the seal on the brake light I over tightened the screws and cracked the plastic and it was leaking from there also. Even though your dealer replaced a bunch of parts there is no guarantee they replaced them correctly. I know you shouldn’t have to hunt this problem down yourself as it’s under warranty but for your own sanity pull your rear seats, take the insulation off the rear and leave it off for a few weeks if you can. Find where it’s leaking and seal it yourself! No one will take care of your truck better than you. While you have the seats and insulation out let everything dry out and get rid of the mildew with a vinegar and water solution which won’t stain or fade materials.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy All,

Any update or resolution?

Eugene Greathouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Callie went to different dealer they help me out received call from RAM Carss today and they approved to replace the glass