‘22 1500 Laramie, Blue Ox SwayPro, ball height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bborzell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Transferring a Blue Ox SwayPro from my now sold ‘14 Jeep GC. SwayPro instructions say to mount ball 2” above coupler on a RAM. RAM manual says to mount at coupler height or 1” above.

Wondering if any SwayPro users have addressed the 2” rise? Blue Ox not at home on Saturday or I would call them.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Those numbers are just estimates. How heavy is the hitch weight on your trailer? 4-500lbs probably 1 inch above the coupler much over 5-600lbs probably 2 inches. That only is to compensate for the squat once hooked up. You want level or slightly nose down never nose up once settled in.

OP
OP
B

bborzell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Thanks for the response. Makes sense. What I was unclear about was that with all the variations of tow vehicles available, Blue Ox specified RAM in their instructions as needing to go 2” above coupler height. As if all Rams have the same rear suspension stiffness and that all other tow vehicles have stiffer suspension. Seems like a leap.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
As if all Rams have the same rear suspension stiffness and that all other tow vehicles have stiffer suspension. Seems like a leap.
It's more than likely they specify 2 inches because the 1500 Rams have the coil springs vs. Chevy/Ford/Toyota running leaf springs which don't drop as much?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Just don’t over think it. When setting up your hitch be ready to spend 45min-60min. Be ready to make several adjustments to get it right. Watch several videos on YouTube before hand so you can see what adjustments do what.