02 2500 underdash trailer brake connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Slick69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500HD
Engine
5.9l gas
So the question here, I found the blue trailer brake harness connector(terminal) under the dash. It is firmly connected or mounted to (what I believe) the main wiring harness (plastic) block left side of steering column. This particular terminal/connector is rectangular in shape and blue in color. The problem is that it's firmly attached to the body of the main harness. As it stands, there's no room to plug another connector into this terminal without removing the blue terminal (connector) from the main wiring module body. Is there a way to free this terminal allowing it to detach from the main wiring harness body. Is there a method to release it from this harness body, it looks as though it is capable of being detached....but I need help... before I break something. Thanks for any help offered!!

OP
OP
19Slick69

19Slick69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500HD
Engine
5.9l gas
Awesome....thanks for the helpful tips and such....

kd4fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the question here, I found the blue trailer brake harness connector(terminal) under the dash. It is firmly connected or mounted to (what I believe) the main wiring harness (plastic) block left side of steering column. This particular terminal/connector is rectangular in shape and blue in color. The problem is that it's firmly attached to the body of the main harness. As it stands, there's no room to plug another connector into this terminal without removing the blue terminal (connector) from the main wiring module body. Is there a way to free this terminal allowing it to detach from the main wiring harness body. Is there a method to release it from this harness body, it looks as though it is capable of being detached....but I need help... before I break something. Thanks for any help offered!!