'03 2500-left turn works on truck but nothing on 7 pin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dad's 1990 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318ci V8
My '03 2500 is a regular cab, long box. I've been towing a camper trailer and a tilt-bed car trailer and everything was working great.
The last time I towed my camper trailer I had no left turn signal on the trailer but the left turn signal on the front and back of the truck worked as they should.
There was no flashing using a test light at the left turn signal pin in the 7 pin receptacle.
I checked the wiring from the left turn pin on the 7 pin receptacle to where they wire is inside the loom above the rear axle.
The inspection was visual and using a multi-meter.
The wire, (yellow with a red tracer), checks out good to that point.

Without digging through the loom all the way to the front, testing as I go, can anyone tell me where it goes so I can start at that end?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My '03 2500 is a regular cab, long box. I've been towing a camper trailer and a tilt-bed car trailer and everything was working great.
The last time I towed my camper trailer I had no left turn signal on the trailer but the left turn signal on the front and back of the truck worked as they should.
There was no flashing using a test light at the left turn signal pin in the 7 pin receptacle.
I checked the wiring from the left turn pin on the 7 pin receptacle to where they wire is inside the loom above the rear axle.
The inspection was visual and using a multi-meter.
The wire, (yellow with a red tracer), checks out good to that point.

Without digging through the loom all the way to the front, testing as I go, can anyone tell me where it goes so I can start at that end?
If fuse #46 and #47 are good in the IPM under the hood I would suspect the circuit board has failed in the IPM for the left trailer lamps..

There are multiple post about the 2003-2004 IPM and left/right trailer turn failure. If you remove the PCB from the IPM you will probably find a burned circuit.

OP
OP
Dad's 1990 Ram

Dad's 1990 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318ci V8
Fast69Mopar, I have fixed my issue, thanks for the help. I found a couple youtube videos with my specific issue and they had solutions for the issue. It ended up being a bad relay soldered to the underside of the IPM circuit board. There were 3 relays so instead of diagnosing which one was bad I replaced them all. I'm so glad I had youtube to guide me in the disassembly of the IPM and the repair. Those were lifesavers!

CharlesinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins 305 hp HO
Well, after seeing this, I figured it would not hurt to have the relays on hand, might not be able to get them in the future. Ordered the ones mentioned in the video I watched, Zettler AZ988-1AT-12D SEC3R which are 30 amp rated, and will put them in the small spare parts bin I keep stuff like this.

Charles