03 SiL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrFixIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Issue: Won't idle and is running lean with new fuel pump and motor overhaul. Cold start will run for 3-5 min, if rev'ed or loaded more than placing into gear motor stalls. Won't drive, barely idles at 550RPM, then stalls.
Background: swapped trucks with Son-in-Law because the 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi would not run. Tore motor down and found #8 connecting rod bearing was thinned out and left in the oil pan. Replaced crank, bearings, honed cylinders, replaced valves, spark plugs, many other items. Love the access through the radiator area to work on this truck, best and easiest truck I have EVER worked on. Measured the fuel pressure, it was a bit low at 30, so, replaced the fuel pump. Now I have ordered the air pressure sensor and TB. I got an air sensor code even after a code reset. Have noticed the TB doesn't fully close unless manually forced shut, that allows it to start easier, but requires 2 people and the air filter box to be off and such. Anyway, this was a project truck. Hope the ne TB and air sensor come in the lean idle will be a thing of the past. If you have any other ideas of things to check or replace, please let me know.