03 TMR Delete Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Your mean when I am say, trying to pass someone?

Is there a way to keep the transmission in 3rd gear? In the foothills where I live, 2nd is to low, and 4th is to high. So when I'm driving up the hills the trucks is constantly shifting unless I'm going really fast, or stupidly slow.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I wonder if I can do this on mine... I know you say it can only be done on the 03's, but I have a programmer and a shift kit installed. I'll be doing the power wire also.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I wonder if I can do this on mine... I know you say it can only be done on the 03's, but I have a programmer and a shift kit installed. I'll be doing the power wire also.

Having a tuner and shift kit has nothing to do with torque management unless using the tuner you can turn down the torque management settings. As for cutting wires to simulate the TMR mod, all I can say is don't. Your TCM is internal to the PCM and there is no wire to cut.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Having a tuner and shift kit has nothing to do with torque management unless using the tuner you can turn down the torque management settings. As for cutting wires to simulate the TMR mod, all I can say is don't. Your TCM is internal to the PCM and there is no wire to cut.
Thanks for the info... cutting PCM wires is really a no go for me, but the only torque setting I have are stock and Superchips.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I have looked at the diagrams for a while now and I do not think this is MOD is possible with the 03 4.7 as it does not have TMR Sense. I Think this other guy... if he actually did cut anything 1) cut something other than what he thought, causing another component to not function properly, then suffered from the placebo affect or 2) he did the impossible.

According to wiring diagrams it is not possible, because the item does not exist in the case of 2003 4.7's.

I will however still keep this on my list of "make it a point to..." things and will physically search for the wire on my connectors. I will search specifically for this Yellow/Dark Green wire that was supposedly cut from the bottom 38-pin connector. If I do find it, I will remove the wire and give a detailed write-up on the results (sometimes around Easter).

Not trying to be a D*ck here, I just don't like it when incorrect information is given to people who are after accurate information about taking care of their vehicles. :Frustrated:

Any information recovered on this.
I know its an old post sorry

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I did the TMR mod probably around 2005 and since remove the 03 pcm and tcm altogether. But my guess would be if you have a seperate tcm like the 03 5.7 used them most likely it has a torque management request wire. If you do find it there, I would cut it eliminating the tmr input.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I did the TMR mod probably around 2005 and since remove the 03 pcm and tcm altogether. But my guess would be if you have a seperate tcm like the 03 5.7 used them most likely it has a torque management request wire. If you do find it there, I would cut it eliminating the tmr input.

Would eliminating the TMR cause more stress on the Transmission?

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
It gives a firmer shift at wot. I have never heard of it being the source of a failure. But be warned the 545 is known to not hold big hp. If you play, turn off your OD first. Never downshift from OD to pass or play.