04 2500 dash problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmessina

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hello, any and all help is greatly appreciated, i have a 04 2500 with the 5.7. my issue started with the odometer being out, but now it escalated to my fuel gauge, tach, and speedometer being off and having ABS and brake light on, i switched out the head unit today, and after switching it out, started the truck up to mess with the settings. i noticed that the tach was reading 0 instead of 1k, so started looking at all the other gauges, i compared the fuel gauges to the DTE sensor in the visor and the rest to my OBD reader, the tach was off by 500 to 1k and when i went to drive down the street to see how they all matched up i didn't have and indication on my speedometer only got to may 5 to 10 MPH then brought her back in the drive way. i tried disconnecting the battery and touching the end of the cables together and also pulling the fuses for the abs , i also tried calibrating the gauges by holding down the trip and turning the key 5 times, i cant call the dealer i bought it at until at least Monday and help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you