05 hemi- Squealing noise when turning after driving at least 20 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kellycatwork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, first time posting so please be patient. I have an 05 dodge hemi 5.7 (not 4x4) with 250,000 miles. Squealing noise coming from the front when turning the wheel BUT only after the truck has been driven for at least 20 miles. I really notice it when I get to work (60 miles) when I pull into the parking garage and make the turns, right or left. It is a deep sounding squealing noise, almost like rubber rubbing on rubber. I thought it was a bad bearing in the wheel hub because one side was hotter than the other after driving but obviously it is not because it is still doing it. Due to wear and tear and popping sounds, we recently replaced the Upper control Arms, Left outer Tie Rod, Front Shocks and Sway bar and now the passenger side wheel hub. The squealing noise was there before replacing these parts. The mechanic never heard the sound. No steering issue. Any help would be appreciated. I searched through the forums but could not find one that related to the squealing issue after truck is hot. It does NOT do this when truck is cold or when I first start driving it.

Last edited:

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
belts squeal when rubbing or old , bearings roar when going out ,,what are you calling a squealing sound ?

OP
OP
K

Kellycatwork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a whining/squealing sound when you turn the tires but only after truck heats up (at least 30 minutes). It almost sounds like the tire is rubbing on something but it isn't. If you had audio upload, I could send it.lol. It makes the sound turning either right or left but stops after you straighten the wheel. It sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Power steering pump or belt is slipping on pulleys

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If the squealing sound is the same if you hold the steering wheel full right ot left then it's the pump
Belt noise comes usually when the belt is slipping with cold engine, but it can be the oposite and start after the engine is at operation temp
If the rires are rubbing the noise is more a low pitch vibration than squealing
Chris

OP
OP
K

Kellycatwork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. Going to check the belt today and will let you know. thanks.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you take the belt off try spinning your power steering pump and other belt driven devices while you're at it.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the power steering pump is the culprit.