06 1500 5.7 hemi *MegaCab* 4x4 stabilizer bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djheinz40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need to replace front stabilizer bar links. One broke, ball popped out of socket... looking for parts online and reading some posts in this forum raised some questions I hope someone can help me with-
1). What is the difference between Standard, Crew and MegaCab with respect to suspension that makes parts *non-interchangeable*? I have MegaCab, but would like to better understand the difference for my knowledge...
2). Polyurethane vs. rubber bushings? Rubber better? As far as squeaking is concerned it is my understanding dust sucks up all lubricants resulting in noise. Hence graphite is the solution, albeit you have to disassemble to apply correctly? And water washes out graphite?
3.). Stabilizer bar bushings & links for MegaCab - recommendations where/what to purchase?
Thank you in advance,
Daniel

cottletj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
FWIW on 2&3 - I used some blue Detroit Auto bushings (poly I think) and links kit, they've served me well for the 2 years and 40k since, moderate off-road use. I don't know anything about graphite though.

As for the MegaCab 1500, I know for a fact with the '08 (and I'm assuming this applies to the '06) that it shares more suspension parts with the 2500 than the rest of the 1500s. From my shopping when I re-built the front end on my 08, most parts will fit all models (standard/crew/4' ft./6' ft. bed/etc.) EXCEPT Megas. All 1500 models share the same frame/wheelbase, but the Mega has beefed up suspension parts.