06 4.7l finding more low end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking for some extra low end. After all my mods I still have not seen a great deal of low end torque. I have shorty headers, no cats, magnaflow muffler, 3.92 to 4.56 gears, hemifever custom tuning.

It just seems held back from a dead stop to 3,000rpms. After it reaches 3,000 it pulls like a champ. Feels like I put a 50 shot of nitrous to it compared to taking off.

I have read removing the cats will cause some loss of low end torque and I also have talked with a guy at a speed shop and he is saying the torque converter is going to be my issue. Not sure what I need to do?

Anyone have any ideas?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
How are you launching it or testing it to see the lag from low end to 3k? Dropping the cats are cutting down on your BP so your losing some trq to free up higher RPM HP. Do you have an A/F meter to see what your fuel trim is up to 3k, could be running alill fat on fuel IDK. Ask Sean if there is any tweaks to be made at that range.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I stall it up to 1800-1900 then launch. I don't have a meter but I will be getting one. I did mention to Sean if he could help the low end but I'm sure he didn't have much to work with without the mixture readings.